Movies..

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by MrBigA, Jul 27, 2016.

1. MrBigA

MrBigA Fapstronaut

Gosh, I have to go do something else for a bit.... Any movie recommendations?

Something preferably light hearted...

No chick flicks, no sci if, comic movies... Or adventure fantasy stuff... But apart from that...?

Doesn't have to be modern, I do like some classics... Any suggestions?

2. The Thomas Crown Affair (1968 one with Steve McQueen, not the remake). I recently watched it, not bad.

3. GSarosi

GSarosi Guest

I love The Thomas Crown Affair! The remake is more elegant but I hated the ending. The original ending was way much better.

Here are some cool flicks:

Fight Club
    Entrapment
    Rounders
    Heat
    The Score
    Limitless
    The Martian
    Eurotrip
    Troy

4. Monster Carrot

Monster Carrot Fapstronaut

Anything by Wes Anderson :p

RonTheBear likes this.
  5. IGY

IGY Guest

Here is a humorous yet thought-provoking classic. Highly recommended! Guess Who's Coming To Dinner?

Old-line liberals Matt and Christina Drayton (Spencer Tracy and Katharine Hepburn) have raised their daughter Joey (Katharine Houghton) to think for herself and not blindly conform to the conventional. Still, they aren't prepared for the shock when she returns home from a vacation with a new fiancé: African-American doctor John Prentice (Sidney Poitier). While they come to grips with whatever prejudices they might still harbor, the younger folks must also contend with John's parents (Roy Glenn Sr. and Beah Richards), who are dead-set against the union. To complicate matters, the older couple's disapproving maid (Isabel Sanford) and Christina's bigoted business associate (Virginia Christine) put in their two cents' worth. While Joey is determined to go ahead with the wedding no matter what people think, John refuses to consider marriage until he receives the unqualified approval of all concerned. The closing monologue delivered by Spencer Tracy turned out to be the last scene ever played by the veteran film luminary, who died not long after the production. The film was a success in the racially volatile year of 1967 and was nominated for 10 Academy Awards, including Best Picture, and won for Hepburn and screenwriter William Rose.

https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/guess_whos_coming_to_dinner/?search=guess who#

6. So agree with you on that one!

7. I heard there's gonna be sequel?!

8. GSarosi

GSarosi Guest

It was talked about and explored. The sequel was going to be about Worm being back starting some online poker scheme or something and Mike McDermott is trying to make a comeback from winning it all, then losing it all and trying to win it all again. Given that poker is not as popular as before I don't know the sequel will be made.

Have you check Runner Runner? It was supposed to be some sort of sequel to Rounders but that poker flick sucked.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 28, 2016
    Lazarus Shuttlesworth likes this.
  9. GSarosi

GSarosi Guest

When a woman is out to betray you, turn on you, and not completely on your side, you DO NOT KEEP HER. You leave and walk away on your terms. That was the proper ending in the original. The Brosnan ending was too neat and tidy up. The female and male lead got back together. WTF.

Deleted Account likes this.
  10. Nah I haven't, just seen the trailor now. It doesn't seem that bad lol I'ma watch it right now still.. Along with the other movies you've reccomended that I haven't seen. And not to get too off-topic but do you play poker? One of my best friend is really good and he's the one that made me watch rounders. I'm a beginner but I do love the game.

11. yousuff

yousuff Fapstronaut

I watched this movie few weeks earlier, it was a good movie. MIT and Harvard!!

12. yousuff

yousuff Fapstronaut

I watched Diana (2013) today. I am still in shock and may be such shock will last for few weeks. Such an excruciating ending.

13. A shock at the ending? Lemme guess, she dies in a car crash? Yea, no shock for me there, history books pretty much spoiled it for me...

14. yousuff

yousuff Fapstronaut

I am not in shock for her dying but for the relationship. She really tried hard to stick with Hasnat, may be luck wasn't there. I really liked the scene at mid night park and running herself away from Hasnat, she expressed her grief not to be loved by anyone.

15. I was making a sarcastic joke there, just so we be clear. This is the place where you are supposed to be laughing... ... ... never mind...

Never seen the movie. Not sure whether I will ever see that one. Not particularly interested in life of Diana. I think it (the movie) would just bore me. I don't know...

yousuff likes this.
  16. IGY

IGY Guest

As good as it is, I have never thought of Good Will Hunting as being light-hearted. :rolleyes:

17. MrBigA

MrBigA Fapstronaut

I agree, not the most light hearted movie.... But it is a good movie... Not seen it in a while.

Some good movies on this list... But some I might haven't seen and might have to check out.

Not sure I fancy a movie about Diana, personally... I have little time for 'that' family at the best of times... even if she was on the fringes and married in. Unless the end has an unusual twist and they are all wiped out Romanov style or something.

Cheers guys, keep 'em coming....

yousuff likes this.
  18. GSarosi

GSarosi Guest

I am into poker psychology but not poker itself. I find the game too time consuming. You can literally sit there for hours on end playing. I mean there are times where some +10 hours at the tables is the norm. No way. I want to hit my numbers and color out and head to the cage ASAP. With a bankroll of $1500 to $2000 and I hit my target of $500 to $$600 within 5 to 15 minutes is the kind of returns I am after.

19. keniya

keniya New Fapstronaut

I watched conjuring.