1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

My Christmas Present to my self (32 yo male)

Discussion in 'New to NoFap' started by zeroproof, Dec 24, 2013.

1. zeroproof

zeroproof Fapstronaut

I've been in this vicious cycle for far too long and I haven't been able to stop on my own. This year, I'm gonna make it happen and I'm here for support.

I'm in pretty deep with the effects of PMO. I have ED. I rarely get erections without stimulating myself. I'm unmotivated. I make all of these plans and then I never do any of them.

So hi everyone! I'm here to give myself the gift of a more fulfilled life. You'll be seeing me around. :D

2. Mark

Mark Distinguished Fapstronaut

Hi zeroproof

just wishing you all the best. Have you been over to the main forums? There's lots of perspectives in there so get stuck in and see what grabs your attention. Different strokes for different folks etc so help and be helped just by making an honest contribution. Together we are making a difference that can only benefit everyone!

I quit heavy drinking, cigarettes, and cannabis on the same day in 2008 and haven't touched any of them since and now I'm doing the same with PMO. Just in case your interested I've put the three main resources I used (whose principles I continue to use) in my signature below. Check them out, I can't recommend them enough but this is your journey and these are only suggestions- you will find plenty more on this site.

Stay strong and keep going ;)...http://www.nofap.org/forum/showthread.php?2660-Keep-going&p=15194#post15194

3. Jason2

Jason2 Guest

Welcome to the group! Best hopes for your journey to a strong, clean life!

4. SIX MONTHS 2014!

SIX MONTHS 2014! Fapstronaut

Hey Proof, thanks for sharing a little bit of your story with us and I just want to lend my support. I can feel the frustration in just the couple paragraphs you wrote and I want you to know that although I'm new to the NoFap community, I'm by no means new to addiction recovery. I have learned that something the greatest asset someone whose trying to change has is desperation. It sounds like you're experiencing the negative effects of PMO and I certainly am too. I know that "reboot" is possible though and I wish you the best. When you're feeling weak, just remember you have a lot of brothers on here holding you in the light. Use the collective energy of our resolve and you will march forward into the life you've always wanted.

5. zeroproof

zeroproof Fapstronaut

Thanks for the kind words everyone. I'm feeling very optimistic this time. I know that there are gonna be some rough days but I'm using this as a chance to go do all of those "I wish I had..." things in my life. When I get the urge to fall back into the old habits, I'm gonna go practice a guitar, learn to code, exercise more, cook my meals, go socialize. There are so many better ways to fill my time that I'm gonna stop wishing and start doing.