My ex is moving on way too fast after breakup.

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by Jonathansierra, Jul 17, 2017.

1. Jonathansierra

Jonathansierra Fapstronaut

She has a boyfriend now and they have only known each other for like a month lol but before that she was having a consistent fuck buddy. What do y'all think? Is this a recipe for disaster or is this some kind of weird coping mechanism? Hell I met the guy last night he is pretty fucking cool. I'm not seeing no one as I am focusing on my recovery and self discovery.

2. ^ The real question is why haven't you done the same? She's your ex, it doesn't matter who she's with or what she's doing now. Don't concern yourself with her decisions and whether or not they're right for her.

I don't think there's such a thing as moving on too fast really, especially if there was a breakup involved. If a breakup happened it means for whatever reason things weren't working out between the two of you, and that isn't something that manifests overnight. Things have probably gradually been taking a turn for the worse for a long time now. If she has seen that, then she likely mentally checked out of the relationship a long time before it actually ended.

I know my previous relationship was much like that. I saw the direction things were heading around a month before I actually ended things with her. So there was not much upset or negative emotions when it actually happened. I moved on extremely fast, and it was definitely the easiest breakup I've gone through to date as a result.

A month is way way longer than you need to know if you're attracted to and interested in a relationship with someone. If they'd known each other for a couple of days it might seem a little quick/rash, but a month is plenty.

This isn't a romance movie where we have to sit around moping for months after we fall out with someone we care about. It's life. We can make the rational decision to hold our heads high, forget about the previous relationship, and move on to new and better things.

She is not your concern now, let go, move forward, and don't worry about whatever it is she chooses to do or not do.

I know it's easier said than done, but while we cannot choose some of our circumstances, we ALWAYS have the ability to choose how we react to them. Breakup is such an occasion. You can choose to hold on, experience negative emotions, and suffer the worst of it. Or you can choose to be positive about the new chapter in your life and move forward quickly, seeing it as a blessing in disguise. I don't know about you, but I think the latter option sounds a lot better to me! ;)

3. Jonathansierra

Your spot on brother. I guess it's cause I have a bit of feelings for her still that haven't gone away. I do wanna see other women casually but I do not want sex for recovery purposes. I'm just super overthinking the situation for no absolute reason. We were together for 3 years but I guess she was mentally done with our relationship for the past year so it makes sense why she would do so. Plus I was a terrible lover. Working on that tho!

4. Spiff

Spiff Fapstronaut

I don't know your ex... but I've noticed that some people go their entire post pubescent lives without being single for more than a month. If they can't find a relationship they're at least pursuing or hooking up with someone. Some people always need somebody's attention to validate their existence, without it they feel empty.

Don't worry about it and get over her and take the time you need. You can enter your next relationship with a healthier state of mind if you take the time to figure things out and pull yourself together.

Last edited: Jul 17, 2017
  5. Estus

Estus Banned

Stop cyberstalking.

6. Poseidon

Poseidon Fapstronaut

There's an old saying for ladies: The best way to get over an old dick is to hop on a new one.

kingpietro and jest like this.
  7. Jonathansierra

None at all. Word goes around. I don't do that shit man.

8. jest

jest Fapstronaut

LOL.

9. Happy Man

Happy Man Fapstronaut

My GF broke up with me and I understand how you feel. She didn't respond to my text messages or return my calls. If her heart is not with you, then it's not with you. It can be lonely and this experience but this experience can make you stronger.

Get back on your feet, go out there and talk to new women. There is an abundance of women out there. There will be someone, out there for you. Learn and improve on yourself. Girls are attracted to men who work on themselves. Don't do it for them, do it for yourself. Always be improving.

I just like you, I'm hurt as well. There is nothing I can do but to start socializing again. You might even have some fun and might forget about her. You will also grow stronger in the process.

Last edited: Jul 18, 2017
  10. Jonathansierra

Did you lose her thru pmo addiction?

11. Happy Man

Happy Man Fapstronaut

No

Its for reason unknown to me. I was with her for a total of 2 months. We actively had sex for a month and a half and it kind of slowly died. She also has to leave for Thailand in September but I don't think that's the real reason. Who knows? It doesn't matter.

Don't let this be a reason for not meeting new girls. A good movie to watch is 500 days of Summer : )

Noelle likes this.
  12. SuperFan

SuperFan Fapstronaut

^^^ This is amazing advice even if you weren't going through this right now. 500 Days of Summer is in my Top 10 of all time.

13. Drew140

Drew140 Guest

Why do you care so much?

14. 500 days of Summer was the most heartbreaking movie to watch, i felt too much like Tom that it hurt. I cried during a couple of scenes. I just wanted to punch Summer in the face. She was awful

15. Stop trying to hear about her in every way, delete all pictures you have with her, all conversation history, everything. Memories can be very false and misleading, since nostalgia cuts away all the bad parts. If she moved on this fast it means she never really cared much about you. It hurts since it was a one way relationship, but it gives you even more reason to move on. Do not hold on to anything that reminds you of her, and this is where you'll truly begin to move on.

Perry2000 and Happy Man like this.
  16. Happy Man

Happy Man Fapstronaut

She wasn't awful. Tom wasn't what she was looking for. She wasn't right for Tom either. Tom was better off with out her because it wasn't the right match. You both have to love each other and she couldn't do it. She couldn't love him the way she loved the one she was going to marry. There is no right or wrong. It just is. I broke up with girls before.

Looking back at my ex. She ended with me about 3 weeks ago. She wasn't the right girl for me. I loved her more and eventually it would have ended.

It might even be a case where you have to improve on yourself. Even if your in a relationship, it doesn't mean you stop working on yourself. It might mean being social again or read relationship books. You want to always improve on yourself so much, women are naturally attracted to you.

17. Happy Man

Happy Man Fapstronaut

This is good : )

This is how you get over a break up. I'm doing it exactly like this. No contact rule forever.

I been in a loving relationship before and lasted a long time. I know I be okay and will find a new girl

18. The Consigliere

The Consigliere Fapstronaut

I wish my ex-girlfriend was able to move on that fast. Took me a few weeks honestly. She still has strong feelings for me after 8 months. Anyways dude everyone is different. I would just focus on you. I would say you would want the best for her, right? Therefore, if she's looking past that fast then don't worry about it. And @Happy Man had it spot on above. Delete everything you had with her and keep nothing. Great way to start things off on the right path.

19. Drew140

Drew140 Guest

Focus on yourself not her. Work on the lovemaking skills.