1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

My new Morning Routine

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by depeche69, Nov 5, 2021.

1. depeche69

depeche69 Fapstronaut

Hi,

I've read the book the "5 AM club" of Robin S. Sharma.
    Since one week i've implemented the following routine.

• Waking up at 4:45
    • Making bed, toilette, tooth brushing until 5 am
    • Praying 5 minutes
    • Reading in the Quran or Bible 4 pages
    • Meditation 10 min
    • Reading one chapter of a non-fiction book
    • During reading i train my body. One Set of each muscles part every 5 Minutes
    • 30 min learning work relevant material
    I make this every day. Also on weekend.
    What do you think about this?

2. Coolbreeze

Coolbreeze Fapstronaut

Keep in mind that you are not an endless self-improvement object. Whichever way we try to improve ourselves, there will always be things that work better for others and worse for some. My point is that if those things positively influence you, get you excited and bring you happiness to start the day, then please YES do go ahead and implement them. You would have to look at your personal lifestyle and time schedule because for me such a "lengthy" morning routine would absolutely never work.

I personally love cold showers and because I need to shower anyways it does not cost me extra time. In fact, my cold showers are shorter than warm ones so it even saves me time. I tried meditation but I am not very much interested and I think it is not suited to everyday stressful live, I prefer taking my piece from other activities. What I do most of the days is bioenergetic stretches of like a few minutes. This opens up the respiratory muscles and generally increases ones sense of feeling alive. Sometimes I do the Wim Hof Method breathing as well, but just when I feel like it and have the time.

wicket likes this.
  3. wicket

wicket Fapstronaut

Robin wasn't for me but he says it best:

I think what you are doing is fantastic and even if I couldn't finish the material I downloaded from his site for free (cannot fathom the original prices of his stuff on there wouldn't pay him a penny I don't think his ideas will fix me) but they are good ideas I give him that

4. I live in the American Gardens Building on W. 81st Street on the 11th floor. My name is Patrick Bateman. I’m 27 years old. I believe in taking care of myself with a balanced diet and rigorous exercise routine. In the morning if my face is a little puffy I’ll put on an ice pack while doing stomach crunches. I can do 1000 now. After I remove the ice pack I use a deep pore cleanser lotion. In the shower I use a water activated gel cleanser, then a honey almond body scrub, and on the face an exfoliating gel scrub. Then I apply an herb-mint facial mask which I leave on for 10 minutes while I prepare the rest of my routine. I always use an after shave lotion with little or no alcohol, because alcohol dries your face out and makes you look older. Then moisturizer, then an anti-aging eye balm followed by a final moisturizing protective lotion.

5. dont do it on sundays, if you want to remain consistent with the practice.

6. fredisthebes

fredisthebes Fapstronaut

Its been a week, so you tell us. Does it feel like a struggle? Are you starting to get used to it? Are there things on your list that you look forward to each morning?! Are there things that you dread?

The thing i would change? Exercise and reading at the same time. Both of these things need focus, and if i am up at 5am with no breakfast i am going to struggle to do two things at once.

You do what works for you though.

7. depeche69

depeche69 Fapstronaut

Im still doing it. Due to Sharma you need at least 60 days to get used to it.
    To only think i am struggling is "30 min learning work relevant material". That the only part which i didn't achieved on all days.

I don't feel a big difference at the moment, but i will keep going.

fredisthebes likes this.
  8. depeche69

depeche69 Fapstronaut

I wanted to share my progres so far:

upload_2021-11-27_12-5-5.png

At learning for work stuff i am failing; can't find the motivation :p
    Push-up i am also stegnating; maybe because i am on a diet and not building muscles.

88991s likes this.