New here

Discussion in 'New to NoFap' started by Rowan of Dolina, May 8, 2017.

1. Rowan of Dolina

Rowan of Dolina Fapstronaut

Hey guys, first time poster here. I've been attempting NoFap since the beginning of this year, but to no avail. My longest streak to date is 12 days. My reasons for quitting are mainly for health reasons( lack of energy on the weekends and days off) and spritual(neither myself or my gf believe in pre-martial sex). Right now I'm on a 5 day streak and feeling not so bad. If anybody is interested in becoming accountability partners, please messge me.

Ps. I've been stalking the forums for awhile, and I have to say seems like a lot of great, supportive people here on the forums.

2. D . J .

D . J . Fapstronaut

Welcome to NoFap where you are amongst friends who are here to encourage you and sometimes challenge you but not judge you.

The enemy is here to steal, kill and destroy. What are your current strategies for combating the enemy called PMO?

3. Rowan of Dolina

I'm an adherent catholic, so prayer is a big defense, but there is also a big must for physical aids. I try to keep my mind clean and avoid any sexual imagery( that includes avoiding any kind of sexual imagery in main stream movies, shows, etc) and I only lay in bed to sleep, no more iPhone and surfing the web mindlessly in bed. Inevitably, it seems my just strategy going forward is to keep myself and mind constantly occupied.

The big struggle coming up for me is when I hit the stage of elation, where you feel good about your progress and pmo to celebrate( my last two failed reboots happened like this). I'm hoping i can fight through it this time

D . J . likes this.
  4. D . J .

D . J . Fapstronaut

5. Rowan of Dolina

Cool, good resource. Thanks, dj

D . J . likes this.
  6. Trevorphilipz

Trevorphilipz Fapstronaut

Have you considered playing any kind of sports and possibly even with your gf? Its a fun friendly thing the two of you could do together and stay away from pmo. Also, you could join a gym and exercise/workout, or read, learn new languages. Point is, there are options you can use to avoid pmo.
    Welcome to nofap and best of luck to you on your journey.
    Peace and God Bless.

Rowan of Dolina likes this.
  7. Mattsfreedom

Mattsfreedom Fapstronaut

Welcome to the site. Hope to see you joining in the conversations.

Rowan of Dolina likes this.
  8. Rowan of Dolina

True, true. I used to play soccer Friday nights but it interfered with my schedule too much. Maybe adult kickball for the gf and I, might be fun. I'm currently trying to learn polish as well, as i speak a little that I learned form my grandfather, and the gf is fluent in polish. Wish me luck, guys. Thanks for he warm welcome. God bless

Trevorphilipz likes this.