New here:)

Discussion in 'New to NoFap' started by bradjames, May 30, 2019.

1. Hello,
    I'm 33, based in Cornwall.

I've struggled with PM/cybersex addiction for many years. It all started around the age of 12 and I've tried many times to give it up and live a life free of fapping but I have not abstained for more than 6 months in the 21 years. It has progressed over the years into deeper stuff, to say the least. It has robbed me of 100's of hours of my life that I'll never get back and for which I'm ashamed. It has robbed me of confidence, energy, creativity, time with friends and family, opportunities. It has caused me to build a life a secrecy and lies. I feel aweful over it. I've been single since I was 18 and have been terrified of getting into an intimate relationship for fear of being discovered for who I truly am.

I've been desparate for a supportive place I can come to and connect with folk on the same journey as me, who understand the battle. I have so much in me and so much I want to do and achieve that I've held back from taking hold of with my whole being for fear that my secret behavior would cause it all to come crumbling to the ground. I dont want to live half a life anymore and I want to kick this for good!

Im going to fight tooth and nail this time. I'm going to traverse this mountain, no matter how steep it gets or how tough it gets or how painful it gets because I want to live, I want to reach the summit, I want to stand on top!

Please support me on my journey. I'm thankful for this community.

Brad

2. bradjames likes this.
  3. Ethan1982

Ethan1982 Fapstronaut

Hy Brad
    Welcome here
    Everybody will support you here because all have the same problem.
    Also read the success stories
    There is a way over this mountain!
    Cheers
    Ethan

4. Always be positive

Always be positive Fapstronaut

5. Thank you folks. Unfortunately I got to day 7 and relapsed:(

I'm back to square and ready to pick up and begin again. I know where I slipped. Surfing the net after 8:30pm is when it usually goes south. I broke that boundary and one click led to the next.

I feel aweful. I'm ready to get up though. Thanks for encouragement.

6. Hi @bradjames, all the best to you! If you want to join 'The Matrix' challenge click here ---> 'The Matrix' <---