1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Newbie - Reward of NoFap!

Discussion in 'New to NoFap' started by TrueToSelf, May 26, 2019.

1. TrueToSelf

TrueToSelf Fapstronaut

Hi Guys, I am 33 old from US.

I am starting this journey as I am tired of daily masturbation and then feeling guilty, irritable and low on energy the next morning. I want to get more energy to do the stuff I want to do and achieve my goals in life.

I am starting small with my first goal being not to masturbate till next friday May 31st 2019. I plan to masturbate a lot on May31st as a reward. Do you guys think it is a good approach?

2. AnxietyDude

AnxietyDude Fapstronaut

I just posted on another persons journal as they begin. I have used and PMO for 35-40, I am now 56 soon to be 57. Everyone seems to have their own things at work, there are things it work better for the others. I am actually trying something similar without the reward in slowing things down over time so the stress levels that I have about quitting are not overwhelming. But that's for me I been doing this so long that I have to take a slower approach and see if that will work.

Some may tell you this is a bad idea, and in concept it could be. You are setting yourself up for the reward of embracing the addiction after you've been fighting it for a week. Let me ask you this question and it's not meant to be funny. If a person quit heroin for a week and then rewarded themselves, with heroin after a week. Or alcoholic that is quit drinking for an entire week and now goes and downs a bottle of Jack Daniels? It's easy to see that that kind of system usually doesn't work rewarding the addiction behavior generally reinforces the behavior not diminishes it. However as I mentioned I am trying to slow things down and space it out farther and farther apart nothing drastic at first trying to see if it's something I can do. But that's me and as mentioned I been doing this just Abbasid long as you have been alive fighting this. So it is something that needs to and for you you don't want to be doing this when you're my age trust me it's not worth it, and the pain you have right now gets worse. Trust me I know it 21 I was in pain I know 31 I was in pain, I know it 41 and 51 how much pain I had and each time it progressed speak they continued to fail doing what needed to be done. This started for me somewhere around 12 but I think I was in full-fledged addiction by 21. So depending on how I view the years that's why say 35 to 40 is my timeframe to give people an idea that I was also an adult for huge amount of the time. Keeping a journal daily like many do here would be a great idea to give you strength in reading what other people are gone through. I hope you make it I try and pray for each person I see that younger than I am by a couple of decades or more that you need to be done. You can't hold onto this for ever it gets worse so much more worse.

3. When you're ready to stop PMO or PM, then you will want to stop it altogether. Until then you might just be in a circle?