1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Non-nofap related inspirational films

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by Mark, Feb 12, 2014.

1. Mark

Mark Distinguished Fapstronaut

I just keep meaning to recommend the following just in case anybody not seen them...

Peaceful Warrior (based on the classic book 'Way of the Peaceful Warrior' by Dan Millman)

and

127 Hours

Both of these are brilliant examples of taking something that feels shit at the time and seeing it as a 'teacher' etc. Highly recommended if not seen already!

Any more?

2. wishingtoquitforever

wishingtoquitforever Fapstronaut

Good suggestions. Going to check out Peaceful Warrior! I've seen 127 hours already and wholeheartedly back up your recommendation for it!

**removed because not inspirational lol**

Last edited: Feb 12, 2014
  3. Mark

Cheers mate. Im a bit of a technophobe so bear with me. Would that prigramme be on youtube or something? Cheers:)

4. wishingtoquitforever

wishingtoquitforever Fapstronaut

It's actually not inspirational so nvm lol!

Last edited: Feb 12, 2014
  5. Devil-May-Fap

Devil-May-Fap Fapstronaut

for me the shawshank redemption is always good :)

6. Clive

Clive Fapstronaut

Life is Beautiful.

7. Mark

Yes I re-watched that right at the beginning of this challenge! Good call :)

8. Mark

If that's the Italian one I'm thinking of I must watch that again because when I tried originally the main character was too 'lively' for me (if that makes any sense?) so I switched off! I must have been in grumpy old man mode!:eek:

9. Mark

Has anybody ever seen Pleasantville. It's just a brilliant yet light hearted look at conservatism, racism, traditionalism, sexism, capitalism, consumerism- you name it! Great for people struggling with people who only see things in black and white, you know the types, those who plain don't want to know anything they don't already!! And if you are one of those people then come on(!!) get some colour in your cheeks!!;)

10. Clive

Clive Fapstronaut

Haha. True, he is a rather lively fellow. Granted, he ultimately uses that liveliness to keep his son happy in spite of the horrors of the war. I also failed to remember that it's subtitled, which bothers some people. I think it's quite inspiring!

Speaking of inspiring, and somewhat symbolic for our own personal battles, "Saints and Soldiers" is a good film as well.

11. Mark

Cheers mate ill give it another try (im less grumpy these days!;)) and also the other.:)