1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Now is the time to stop

Discussion in 'New to NoFap' started by itsabouthealing, Feb 1, 2024.

1. itsabouthealing

itsabouthealing New Fapstronaut

I have been fapping for a long time and really want to stop. In my 50s now and felt this is the time to do it. I possess the same characteristics.... get aroused when I see pics, or women in public... the whole gambit. I really need to learn to control myself because I fantasize about what it would be like to have sex with an image. I am married and plan to confide in my wife, and I am sure she knows and deals with it but it is not fair to her. So, this is it. I am looking for some support groups in my area.

2. NfBigGlP

NfBigGlP Fapstronaut

How did your sexual issues start?

3. GeorgeJetson

GeorgeJetson Fapstronaut

Hey welcome to the community! Check out SA or SAA meetings in your area. I'm a member of a 12 step group and have benefitted greatly.

Wishing you the best!

Diderik likes this.
  4. Diderik

Diderik Fapstronaut
    NoFap Defender

I'm 53, welcome!

I will lose my wife and everything else, essentially, if I don't stop right about now. Let's do this!

Adie1983, Jefe Rojo and Be Inspired like this.
  5. Be Inspired

Be Inspired Fapstronaut

Thank you for sharing and welcome.

It is not fair to your wife if you confide in her the details of your past sexual acting out until a period of sexual abstinence and some meaningful recovery on your part.

Nothing can so much damage a relationship between two people as a premature confession. Oftentimes we do this to relieve our guilt at the expense of another person.

You have been warned.