Now tell me, what are the best foods to eat?

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by Deleted Account, Oct 18, 2018.

1. Captain Rex reporting. Hello, sorry I've been inactive for a while. I'm usually independent and I mainly post stuff whenever I need help.

Anyways, I'm hoping to improve my diet because I noticed that the food I've been eating lately sap all my precious energy away and I'm now sick of it! So it's time that I start eating healthy as part of my lifestyle for now on.

And no, I'm not doing this to get rid of belly fat. I'm naturally a skinny dude so body fat isn't really much of a problem. But like I said, it does sap away my precious energy without me even knowing (damn, why don't I start reading the freaking label for once).

Thankfully though, I already quit fast food, soda, potato chips, etc. So now I must quit ALL the shitty foods.

So do you guys have any ideas for actual healthy foods? Of course, I already know that fruits are the obvious ones, but what about snacks and such? If you have any ideas, let me know. I'll use this post as a reference tool. Captain Rex out.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 18, 2018
  2. I've been doing the keto diet for about 25 days now and I love it. It's introduced a lot healthy foods that I used to dismiss but now I love.

I've done other fad diets such as the master cleanse and intermittent fasting which helped eliminate snacking almost completely. The one thing I do like to snack on is jerky. It's low in calorie, anywhere from 50-150 per bag, high in protein and it's delicious. When I have it, I probably have half or a third of a bag a day.

What keto really helped me with which has always been a problem is beer. Cuz most of the beer I like isnt keto, I just stopped drinking altogether. I'll enjoy a mixed drink or some wine every now and then but it's rare.

As far as dishes, I eat a lot more zucchini, broccoli, eggplant and cauliflower. Zucchini is great for salad base or to make zucchini pasta. Peel zucchini, dry it, chop and cook bacon, throw the zucchini in there, and sprinkle some cheese on top. Cauliflower rice is great too and really easy. I buy a bag I just microwave, throw that in a pan with some olive oil, crack a couple of eggs in, and add some sort of meat in there.

Hope you can find some inspiration from this!