1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Personality changes after masturbating?

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by melloyello, Oct 5, 2018.

1. I had some fantasies today, and I could feel the chemicals releasing in my head. Unpleasant, plus I felt weak and insecure in public later.

2. melloyello

melloyello New Fapstronaut

Dang, sounds like you have it rough too. Is it always a negative outcome when you relapse?

Deleted Account likes this.
  3. melloyello

Everyone has their issues with masturbating and I hear yah

SirErnest likes this.
  4. What’s been helping me when I get the urges is I visualize. I visualize my life with a girlfriend and doing things, and enjoying each other’s company, and I visualize having a career and everything on track.

5. melloyello

Does your mood or even personality get better the longer you've been abstaining? Nofap does help me feel more focused and not so sensitive but I have it where even wet dreams change me and it confuses me. I'm getting that relapses really do change people, for better or worse. Also that the level of effect varies with different individuals.

6. Haddock0

Haddock0 Fapstronaut

I completely get it, cause it's the same for me, however if I don't fap for a while I tend to naturally shift to the more confident outgoing type. What about you?

7. melloyello

The part where you feel worse then when you relapse is what I go through sometimes. My problem is that way I stay that way until the next relapse or wet dream. Its weird and bc of that I relapse/MO on purpose which sometimes makes me better. Almost like a gamble. I know this sounds ironic since this is NoFap's forum.

8. melloyello

If you mean the soda, yes!

Deleted Account and Coffee Candy like this.
  9. Haddock0

Haddock0 Fapstronaut

Well, I mean, masturbating by itself is a sort of stress reliever, and many used it (and P) as a coping mechanism which cause it to become an addiction.

10. melloyello

If I don't fap basically I'll be left with the same personality until the next relapse. Consistenly though it does help me with focus which makes me procrastinate less. How much of a change do you feel when you relapse?

Amincak likes this.
  11. Haddock0

Haddock0 Fapstronaut

Well, I notice that my life goals suddenly change, along with my priorities, relationships, and how I view the world. Procrastination is killer for me when I relapse (Which won't be happening again btw).

Mr. oreO likes this.
  12. My mood is all over the board while abstaining, but overall trends more positive. My personality is always what it is. Sometimes I show more of it. Other times it stays hidden.

13. Quite rightly.

14. You have the grit and determination to see this through. I at least want to know who I am without all the sexual baggage, and maybe it will be forever.

Mr. oreO and Deleted Account like this.
  15. 5raaaa

5raaaa New Fapstronaut

I am having the same problem and was wondering if you have figured out a solution?

Amincak likes this.
  16. Amincak

Amincak New Fapstronaut

i have this too and i know what are you thinking
    but the real question is When i dissagree with my current personality there is the question should i relapse to change it to another personality or try living with this one.
    by the way im so dissapointed i had Perfect personality for me i was happy and funny and all that and the Flat line kick me and i couldn't sleep so i relapsed and day after i changed too much... no im not talking no energy headache and more im talking about whole me

17. rivlx

rivlx New Fapstronaut

I signed up just to say I’ve never related so much to this, I had relapsed and searched if what’s happening to me is only going on with me or with others, I’m glad to know I’m not alone.

18. Inmyconfusedera

Inmyconfusedera New Fapstronaut

So has anyone found a solution to this? Cuz i swear this problem is eating my alive. Its draining me of all my seed,my relationships,my happiness, my life………
    Is it even real or just in our head? They say whatever you believe in is true. What if we are just believing in this and make it true.
    Ill be fapping 9-10 times a day just to get “the perfect personality” and i end up getting nothing but a tired personality since i have been doing it so much. No energy. Wake up the next day and its the same routine. I swear guys please i need help with this. Anybody i try to tell they tell me im crazy(can u even blame them for saying that). Its been like this for over a year now. And im just done guys. Its not healthy. I try to do nofap but as u all know with nofap comes relapses and one relapse might be okay to get back up from but how do i get back up when my mind keeps telling me to do more since j dont have the “perfect personality” yet…….
    If any one of you have dealt with this and living healthy now…. Please share with me your experience. I most certainly need it.

19. Varangian Guardsman

Varangian Guardsman Fapstronaut

Weirdly enough i also have a bit of this