Personality disorders

For Fapstronauts interested in mental health.

1. Mara is back

Mara is back Fapstronaut

A personality disorder is a mental health condition characterized by unhealthy patterns of thinking, feeling, and behaving that significantly impact a person's relationships and daily functioning.

There are 10 specific types of personality disorders, which are:

1. Paranoid personality disorder: being suspicious of others' motives, tend to hold grudges, and may interpret neutral actions as hostile or threatening
    2. Schizoid personality disorder: tendency to be detached from social relationships, limited emotional expression, and preference for solitary activities.
    3. Schizotypal personality disorder: odd beliefs or behaviors, such as magical thinking or unusual perceptual experiences. Struggle with forming close relationships and have difficulty interpreting social cues.
    4. Antisocial personality disorder: disregard for the rights and feelings of others, lack empathy, and may engage in criminal, manipulative or deceitful behavior without remorse.
    5. Borderline personality disorder: intense mood swings, unstable relationships, impulsivity, and a distorted sense of self. They may engage in impulsive behaviors such as self-harm or substance abuse.
    6. Histrionic personality disorder: often seek attention through dramatic or exaggerated behavior. They may be overly emotional, seductive, or provocative in order to maintain the spotlight.
    7. Narcissistic personality disorder: inflated sense of self-importance, a need for excessive admiration, and a lack of empathy for others.
    8. Avoidant personality disorder: tendency to avoid social interactions due to feelings of inadequacy, fear of rejection, and extreme sensitivity to criticism.
    9. Dependent personality disorder: rely excessively on others for emotional support and decision-making, often feeling helpless or unable to function independently. They may go to great lengths to maintain relationships even if they are unhealthy.
    10. Obsessive-compulsive personality disorder: preoccupation with orderliness, perfectionism, and control to the point where it interferes with their daily functioning. Not to be confused with OCD.

Last edited: Feb 7, 2024
    Lou Bloom likes this.
  2. Lou Bloom

Lou Bloom Fapstronaut

I am afraid many of those are applicable to my case :(. What must one do to overcome and change? Any suggestions. :oops:

3. Hi, I'm sorry to hear that. If you think you have personality disorders, you should consider consulting a mental health professional.

Can I ask why do you think so?

4. Lou Bloom

Lou Bloom Fapstronaut

I’m afraid that consulting a doctor may turn my doubt into certainty. Tbh, I don’t know maybe coz sometimes I’m just on my extreme highs and there are somedays when I’ve no zeal even to hop out of me bed. Idk, could be paranoia. Thanks for reverting. Maybe, soon I’ll gather enough guts to go to a doc and get a conclusive diagnosis.

5. I understand you, but if you're having trouble, consider the sooner you get help, the sooner you will feel better :)

I'm not a doctor, but if you have extreme highs and lows, it sounds like bipolar rather than paranoia. Think if those changes cause you significant problems and bad consequences in your life.
    Best wishes

Lou Bloom likes this.
  6. Lou Bloom

Lou Bloom Fapstronaut

You are right. I’m gonna schedule an appointment this week. Thank you. :)

Mara43 likes this.
  7. Best of luck! I hope you get the right diagnosis soon and a good treatment which helps you to manage your symptoms and live better :)

Lou Bloom likes this.
  8. Lou Bloom

Lou Bloom Fapstronaut

Thank you, means a lot. :):emoji_fingers_crossed:

Mara43 likes this.