1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Playing Guitar

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by FriendlyGuitarist, Jun 5, 2017.

1. LivinginRecovery

LivinginRecovery Fapstronaut

Yes! Check out Thomann and their Harley Benton range for great guitars which are of good quality and delivered worldwide.

This will be my next guitar.

https://www.thomann.de/gb/harley_benton_cst_24t_emerald_flame.htm

It's based on a more expensive model (a PRS most probably) but the reviews are awesome and at just a fraction of the price.

I don't know what kind of music you wish to play but for lessons I would recommend Justinguitar.com on YouTube. Justin Sandercoe is his name and he covers a multitude of lessons in various styles, electric and acoustic from beginners through to advanced and many of them are free.

There's also Brian Sherrill from Active Melody.com on YouTube plus he has his own website. He's very good. He teaches in a very informal friendly way and breaks everything down into comfortable chunks.

There are others out there like Marty Schwartz and the like but those should keep you going for a while I think.

Enjoy the guitar playing.

Last edited: Jun 14, 2017
    SilentJay313 and Jonathansierra like this.
  2. Jonathansierra

Jonathansierra Fapstronaut

Guitar doesn't have to be expensive just something to start off with and then work my way up to something better. I want to learn just the basics and then gain enough more experience to play in other styles.

3. LivinginRecovery

LivinginRecovery Fapstronaut

Hi mate. I messed up the post. I have corrected it now. The post you quoted doesn't make sense at all lol because I left out the link. Sorry about that. Been up too long :confused:

They have some very good guitars in the Harley Benton range and if you look down the listings you get Sound Samples as well as Reviews. I have a Strat type guitar from them which arrived in beautiful condition and played right out of the box with no adjustments needed which you tend to have to have with cheaper guitars. The pickups are beautiful and the strings were D'Addario XL strings which are my favourite anyway and for under £100 delivered. I used to play an American Fender and although this is clearly not as good, it's still a very decent guitar that I enjoy playing.

4. PasterofMuppets

PasterofMuppets Fapstronaut

I also recommend Tyler from Music is Win, he uploads a video every day, sometimes it's lessons, sometimes a little bit of guitar humour.
    I also recommend Adam Neely, he's a bass player/teacher but hs lessons are universal for every instrument I believe.