1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

(POLL) What Is Your Religion?

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by VeganCannibal, Sep 13, 2015.

What is Your Religion?

1. Agnostic or Atheist

29.5%
  2. Christian

38.5%
  3. Jewish

1.3%
  4. Muslim

10.3%
  5. Buddhist

9.0%
  6. Hindu

6.4%
  7. Pagan/Wiccan/Witch

1.3%
  8. Scientologist

1.3%
  9. Other (sorry if I missed yours!)

11.5%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. axy_david

axy_david Fapstronaut

I agree with your POV, for example we have yet to understand how space works, we just know that there is a black matter and energy that does stuff and is more than 90% of the universe. We don't even know if this theory is even true in the first place. IMO it's dumb to claim that big-bang makes sense when we know less than 15% of the space, it's like claiming that one would know how the human body while only understanding 15% of it.

Heck, we have yet to bring people back from the dead, heard about some dogs, which is intriguing but no humans so far.
    Science is relative to the new theories that are discovered, and while I won't deny that it's an effort for searching the truth, I doubt it will ever find it.

An oxymoron for me is that while some argue that we have a good understanding of space and human bodies and use that as a proof for the evolution theory, thousands of people die of cancer everyday just in US. So much for understanding how the human body works.
    It's like having the ring of death on xbox360, you know the symptoms but not the solution. That pretty much means you only know how to operate an xbox360, not how it works.

As far as religion goes you can prove God on a spiritual level, however it's up to the individual when it comes to believing in spirituality.

2. axy_david

axy_david Fapstronaut

This argument is so weak that I consider it inexistent, while having corners.

3. axy_david

axy_david Fapstronaut

I like your POV man! Search for the truth, disregard any religious barriers, I am certain that you will find the answer! Pray honestly to God that he will reveal to you the truth! I'm certain He will, probably not in a way you would expect but that's an insignificant detail.

aziz likes this.
  4. Zerg Prosecutor

Zerg Prosecutor Fapstronaut

Rebut it then.

5. axy_david

axy_david Fapstronaut

On a more down-to-earth note, the main issue here is that you've never questioned your beliefs, I am an engineer and I have a vast knowledge about physics and mathematics, I'm not boasting about myself, I just made a statement, still you keep refusing to understand my POV.
    That's like arguing with a car mechanic about how your car works.

You are certain that your beliefs are right thus any kind of discussions are useless with you because you never try to understand the POV of other persons, you just find subjective reasons to why you're right. In other words you are locked in your own world, blinded from the reality around you.
    In your own world, you're always right. If any proof is given to you, you reject it because it would shatter your own reality and you can't accept that.

The only way you can find proof is to search within yourself and examine your behaviour. I can't prove anything to you unless you are open to the fact that you're not always right.

Last edited: Sep 19, 2015
  6. Zerg Prosecutor

Science is not relative. We don't throw classical physics out the window just because we have relativity now.
    Classical physics works to a certain extent from which it loses its capability to give accurate predictions.

7. Zerg Prosecutor

Come on bro, I wanna see who you rebut that argument...jokes are the first sign that shows how confident you really are.

8. Zerg Prosecutor

Such a long text but no rebuttal.
    Thank you for proving my point.

9. IGY

IGY Guest

axy_david likes this.
  10. axy_david

axy_david Fapstronaut

you're welcome :)

11. Congrelous

Congrelous Fapstronaut

You win, Zerg. I'll send you a "World's Best Debater" mug.

12. Zerg Prosecutor

I will shove it up my ass!

Seriously now...debates should be about gaining and improving our thinking, but it seems to me that some guys over here who are so "enlightened" play the you won't understand card without realizing how wrong they themselves are in fact.

13. bandanana

bandanana Fapstronaut

Catholic, and I'm enjoying the faith a little more everyday. However, I've never been too keen on arguing my faith against others' - I'm too sensitive for it.

However, you might find me reading through and taking notes this entire thread looking for well-composed arguments from both sides of the religious/non-religious spectrum. :p I'm convinced that you can argue till the end of time the existence of God (and whichever one). And then it all comes down to weighing what you know, contemplating on it a bit, and making the best conclusion as possible. I leave apologetics to my better-versed, emotionally better-equipped brothers and sisters in Christ.

Also, as a Catholic, I have no obligation to believe that non-believers will be condemned to hell, if by logic and good-intent Catholicism never really made sense to the other party. With that, I get excited at the thought of high-fiving y'all at the pearly gates.

14. Congrelous

Congrelous Fapstronaut

Don't do anything you might regret. :p