1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Positive fiction books

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by BlackenGuru, Jul 2, 2017.

1. BlackenGuru

BlackenGuru Fapstronaut

I am trying to start reading again after a long time and was looking for suggestions about books that will help me get in a positive state of mind. I've read The Alchemist before and it really helped pull me out of a rut. Looking for more books like that.

2. seekingabetterlife

seekingabetterlife Fapstronaut

I read this book and enjoyed it: The Time Keeper

It's a pretty uplifting tale.

I started reading the Alchemist and was not able to finish it. It wasn't bad or anything.... I just happen to lose interest in books as I read them at times. The Time Keeper had me reading from start to finish. Good book!

You may want to give it a shot :emoji_thumbsup:

BlackenGuru likes this.
  3. BlackenGuru

BlackenGuru Fapstronaut

Thanks for the recommendation.

Did you find The Alchemist a tad bit too religious/spiritual though still having good life lessons?

4. seekingabetterlife

seekingabetterlife Fapstronaut

I actually did not find the book religious at all from what I remember. I must've read 1/3 through the book so I read a good amount of it.

I think people read too much into religious undertones in books.... I can just a take a story for what it is most of the time.

BlackenGuru likes this.
  5. literate_dynamo

literate_dynamo Fapstronaut

The Storied Life of AJ Fikry is a good one. I liked the Magic Strings of Frankie Presto as well.

BlackenGuru likes this.
  6. Andrew1189

Andrew1189 Fapstronaut

Definitely recommend The Alchemist, The Maze Runner Series, The Art of War and The Prince for non-fiction.

BlackenGuru likes this.
  7. BlackenGuru

BlackenGuru Fapstronaut

Will definitely check out all these books. Thanks.