Prenups

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by Deleted Account, Jun 1, 2018.

1. With all these ambulance chasing asshole lawyers around they will find a way to contest the prenup just to make a buck and null the prenup void. I have seen it happen so many times I even ask how is that even possible. Like they would advise the wife to use strong words to garner sympathy like forced, coerced, tricked, initimadated, etc.

Funny that it is always the women who are against prenups because it would put them at a disadvantage. Just suggesting one before actually having one is a good litmus test to see if she is worth sharing your life with. Yet even that is not a guarantee if she decides to leave and take a good portion of your assets with it.

Remember that a divorce doesn’t happen over night. It is built up from a long period of anger and resentment with a possibility of betrayal. Or she just got bored and want a new cock in her mouth. That is why many divorces end in a No Fault Divorce. This means she got bored with the predictabilies and routines that come with marriage. Once divorce takes its course and the ball is rolling the wife will show her true colors and that is when you know who she really is.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 3, 2018
  2. I was not getting high and mighty. I was stating my opinion like everyone else. And you can piss off, GS. You're incredibly judgemental and you have no right to talk to me that way. You do not know me. No need to "feel bad for my husband." He's incredibly happy and grateful to have me as a wife. Yet again I will repeat, you do not know me. And to insinuate that I am the "cause of my husband's issues" is absolutely abhorrent. If he were on this site, he would set you straight. I have been faithful and forgiving to him time and time again, after many lies and secrets and sexual sins against me. And no, I am not perfect, nor have I ever claimed to be, but I also in NO way deserve the wrong things my husband has done. He has owned his wrongs, and rightfully does not blame me for his own unfaithfulness. And I own my shit as well. I don't blame him for my problems, and he doesn't blame me for mine. And I'm frankly sick of having to explain this and defend myself to a stranger on the internet, so whatever. Enjoy judging others for things you don't understand and know nothing about.

3. Castielle, your writing is just literally chuck full of narcissism. I want to support you. I really do but you don’t seem like someone worth supporting. Does your husband know you are putting all this on the internet? If not isn’t that the lack of honesty on your part? This is violating his privacy don’t you think? I am asking this is because you stated he is not on here and I have a strong hunch you are hiding this from him. Probably one of many things you are hiding from him while you force him to be honest. I mean how is that fair? Where is the equal partnership you have stated a few post back?

I have said more than I ever should. Now hopefully the woman I run into is nothing like you because I would be back PMOing.

Adios.

4. Oh shut up. You do not. Talk about passive aggression. :rolleyes:

Yes he does. Ive told him of this entire conversation and he thinks you're an idiot.

Lol yet again illustrating the fact that you know nothing about me or my journey here. Thanks for making my point for me. Piss off. I'm done listening to a stranger spread lies about me and my marriage. I take my marriage very seriously, and I'm not going to tolerate that.

But seriously, thank you for that post. It's so utterly ridiculous and untrue that it makes it really easy to roll my eyes and ignore you.

Deleted Account likes this.
  5. Your marriage is not going to last. That is a fact given your tone. I mean I wonder how you speak and treat him on a daily basis with that bile personality of yours. I hope your husband doesn’t have much assets or if he does is hiding them far away from you as possible. Plus also if you do have kids you probably use them as a weapon if push comes to shove when you lawyer up.

As for the passive aggressive stance it takes one to know one. And you are a great expert at it.

6. You agree. I know a couple of lawyers if you ever decide that route.

7. Honestly, I can totally see your point and there is alot of truth to your statement. I think everyone has to recognize the fact that based on the way family courts operate, in most cases, it's the man that's at taking the bigger financial risk. It's very easy to take that stance when you arent the one that stands to loose your livelyhood and access to your family if things go bad. I could see seeing a prenup as a sign of distrust but from the guys standpoint, why would a woman who loved me be in support of me signing a one sided contract that puts me at financial risk. That trust thing goes both ways. In addition, from a christian standpoint, I don't see much of a biblical basis or a great deal of added value from signing that contract with the state. If it's all about trust and commitment, why is it crucial to involve the government?

8. Because divorce is big business and revenue generator for the gubment. During divorce proceedings all assets are laid out. Also hidden assets are also revealed. If there are hidden assets there are the missing taxes, interests and on top of that - fees and other penalties they will throw in just for the heck of it.

Take an IRA account just to put simply for example. The gubment gets to profit twice. In a divorce the IRA account is divided 50/50. Now there are two accounts instead of one. Say the account before the divorce is $100k. Now it is two accounts both worth 50k each. Say in a few years the Market was good and the two accounts went to 100k each. So when the husband and wife have to take out money from the IRA accounts instead of being taxed once the assets are taxed twice.

All that paperwork involved makes money for the gubment. Take all that notary that is needed alone. A document that needs four places of signatures generate about $30 to $50. In a divorce it is going to require more than one document. The gubment will enjoy making money off your misery. They don’t promote and encourage your marriage to fail. They stand ready when it does waiting for you to fail and immediately jump in and reap the rewards at your expense.

9. I actually mostly agree with you on that. Marriage means something to me because of my covenant with God, my husband, and our witnesses. Not because of a piece of paper. If the government didn't exist, or we were in a zombie apocalypse or something "like Glenn and Maggie on The Walking Dead) and we decided to have a ceremony and make vows, I would consider us married under God, regardless of the government's paperwork.

And yes, I do recognize the risk is higher for men. I just think a lot of men who use that a lot are operating under the assumption that all women are evil, manipulative bitches who can't wait to take advantage of them. At least that's been my experience of these types of conversations. I agree there should be trust on both sides. My husband trusts me, though, and he doesn't have any reason not to. Even if we ever did get a divorce, I'm not a mean, vindictive person. Even if I was angry with him or not in love with him or whatever (totally hypothetical situation, of course), I wouldn't want to take everything from him. I find it to be a bit offensive, even misogynistic, for certain people to act as if just because the law may allow it, any and all women would take advantage of that. There are plenty of things that are legal that I still find morally wrong and wouldn't do, so why is it hard to believe that there are plenty of women who wouldn't take everything from their ex husband's simply because they're allowed to?

10. If I had a fiancé and she asked me to sign a prenup I would tell her we’re clearly not ready to be married.

Anyone who says marriage isn’t about trust should do themselves a favor and never ever get married.

11. I agree. I was going to say that I could maybe see a prenup being a good idea if you're super rich or something. But then I thought, if you're worried that the person you're marrying might be a good digger, then you probably don't know them well enough to marry them.

12. I don't try to be an iconoclast and hate on tradition just to be cool but I'm almost always going to object to doing anything with no practical value just because it's normal or accepted by society. As Christians in America, we've taken on all types of traditions that actually have no spiritual value and I think western marriage is the perfect example. In biblical marriage, the couple made a promise before God and their families. No $3,000 ring, no $40,000 party and no contract with some entity that has no respect for Jehova's law. If I we can have a loving and monogamous relationship that is acceptable to God without all the unnecessary stuff then I don't see any reason to do it. It also makes me suspicious of the women who push really hard for so called "legitamate" marriage because it seems like they're interested in the upper hand and the unfair advantage that comes with state marriage.

13. @Castielle @GSarosi1 you both are winners. No need for the negativity, we are better than that.

So there were alot of great topics. To be perfectly honest I don't see anything wrong with a prenup LEGALLY.

I think a good point was made that marriage is nothing but a governmental contract. Alot of love and commitment and most importantly sacrafice goes into marriage. But it's just the government for tax purposes and whatever they do. A prenup basically says, hey in case we do break things off, you can't take half my money.

It happens. Things die out. People try to screw over others, especially when dealing with money. It's a backup scenario. Listen I am all about buisness, I don't do things unless it's gaining me money or enjoyment.

I'm rambling bc I'm hungover but my main point is if somebody won't sign a prenup then they are either trying to scam you or they are thinking if we do break up I want to take this dudes money down too.

But I have to say everything involving marriage is a complete scam, everything. A wedding ceremony is the biggest continously occurring scam of all time.

14. Deleted Account likes this.
  15. I don't agree with that part. I think it's a bit unfair to assume they have nefarious intentions, when there are tons of other reasons that being married legally would be beneficial. It makes a lot of things a lot easier. One of many examples would be if your spouse is in the hospital or on life support or something, you have more rights if you are legally married to them. That goes for men and women, so it's not about getting the upper hand.

16. This system in it's current form clearly does give one side the upper hand. All the talk about love and commitment is null and void when one side goes in with a huge advantage. What benefits does a marriage licences provide that you couldn't get from a good probate attorney or personal contract. It would def be less convenient but it would be alot more fair. If its all about love and trust then it's imperative to enter the partnership on equal legal and financial footing.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 5, 2018
  17. SolitaryScribe

SolitaryScribe Fapstronaut

Lol I'm Orthodox, there's no such thing as divorce. Once you're married your stuck for good!

18. I've heard of that... Maybe the solution is to marry an Orthodox if you don't want a prenup.

Maybe you could quit your job and start up an Orthodox dating service :emoji_wink:

SolitaryScribe and Kenzi like this.
  19. Kenzi

Kenzi Fapstronaut

This comment is really sexist and in poor taste.
    I won't get into a pissing war here on verbatim, but I just wanted to say that.
    It's not just the argument it's in, but it's misogynistic in general.
    If you want to be insulting, don't say "just being a girl" is insulting enough, when you are in a forum as a PA who uses women as objects... To a woman...
    Who is a PA herself. It's hypocrisy.

Not cool, bro... Not cool.