1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Procrastination and organisation resources?

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by Anne-Dauphine, Apr 19, 2014.

1. Hi buddies and gals! Hope you're all doing great. I wanted to know if you had some good (and free) resources, online or not, about crushing procrastination and about organisation. I realised how much of a procrastinator I was and how much I loved organising and cleaning, but I don't know where to start or whatever, so if you have resources about that, please share! I'm sure I'm not the only one looking for it. I actually have made a huge improvements all by myself but I think I need a serious guide.

Thanks in advance my dear friends! Stay strong!

2. Mark

Mark Distinguished Fapstronaut

Hi cocorosie, try the Behance website for books on this. Their first one was Making Ideas Happen but they have added others I think. I also use Wunderlist on my laptop and phone to keep me orhanised/flowing etc. You might also want to look into David Allens 'Getting Things Done' system which some people prefer.

Other good books are Stephen Coveys 'The Seven Habits of Highly Effective People' and 'The Energy of Money' by Maria Nemeth (which is great for helping you set your lifes intentions etc etc and I wish I'd read that 20 years ago!;))

Also, as a sense of direction really helps I strongly recommend any book by Lawrence Boldt, especially 'Zen and the Art of Making a Living' (you dont have to be into zen to follow it thought)

I know that's a lot and sorry theyre not free (although the basic Wunderlist is I think?)

Hopefully you can get round to looking more into them today!!;):D

3. Thank you so much for this Mark! Gonna check this out right now!

4. I would really appreciate any suggestion for procrastination support forums or communities like we have this one for NoFap.

There is something powerful about working towards solving a problem as a group, than individually.

Another reason is that I have tried hundreds of such products, books, audio programs, softwares, apps etc. all alone but procrastination continues to haunt me after all these years.

5. Mark

Mark Distinguished Fapstronaut

6. Thanks for the tip, that was really helpful

7. Thank you Anon! Checking this out right now!

8. galaxim

galaxim Fapstronaut

Hi! Specifically about time organization:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pomodoro_Technique
    Pomodoro Technique Illustrated: Can You Focus - Really Focus - for 25 Minutes? by Staffan Noteberg (Jan 4 2010)
    The Pomodoro Technique by Francesco Cirillo

http://www.lingholic.com/ten-quick-tips-to-have-more-time-and-be-more-productive/

They deal with the subject, among other interesting (and related topics):
    http://calnewport.com/blog/
    Besides his blog, I also recommend three of his books (same philosophy, but different content: it's not one of those cases of the same book rewritten over and over again, just with different title):
    1. How to Win at College: Surprising Secrets for Success from the Country's Top Students.
    2. So Good They Can't Ignore You, Cal Newport.
    3. How to Become a Straight-A Student.

The Practicing Mind: Developing Focus and Discipline in Your Life - Master Any Skill or Challenge by Learning to Love the Process Paperback, by Thomas M. Sterner.

Personally, I use a stopwatch http://www.online-stopwatch.com when I'm online. When I'm offline, I use the stopwatch of my cellphone. I have been using this method since last year and it has worked really well.

9. Perfect!!! Thanks galaxim! Plus the stopwatch was exactly what I needed! I already use FocalFiler to block the Internet but damn a counter was exactly what I needed.
    And the ten quick tips seems extremely interesting! I'm super glad I actually already do a bunch of these tips!
    Have a great Easter man ^_^

10. kaizensun

kaizensun Fapstronaut

https://habitrpg.com

HabitRPG is a type of life organizational scedule, So its a usual to-do list with daily checklists etc.. but you are given a character to level up make stronger and take care of, if you don't complete your daily tasks you loose health at the end of each day until you die, therefore bringing consequences to things you DON'T do.

Its acctully how I found this fourm.

11. Ah I know this site! It tremendously helped me at the beginning of NoFap, but I forgot to log in at a lot of my 21 days streak in one day and I went so much berserk that I deleted my account X) It's an amazing site but as I'm not playing any video games, I don't want to go back on it. It's funny, it's a guy here who showed it to me ^_^