1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Professional Procrastinator

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by nedoyah, Mar 19, 2020.

1. nedoyah

nedoyah Fapstronaut

(sorry for english, I am russian)

I am almost 17 years old and I am a... oh man, I am a fucking failure.

I am into all that *self improvement stuff* for about a year now, and today I have summed up everything I have achieved so far: I have learned english on my own (okay, good), so basically this is pretty much all I have achieved. I am addicted to youtube, social media, pron of course, rap music, never had a girlfriend (okay, actually I dont care, because I am not interested in having relationships anyway. But I mentioned it so you know that I am a big introvert. I probably need only 1-2 people to contact with).
    I am not a nerd or something, not anti-social either, I am 5'10, have a lot of people to talk to at school, but I dont really enjoy talking to people.

I want to create this thread because I want to have something like a public diary, because I cant cope with procrastination on my own, I need somebody to be aware of what I am doing throughout the day. What about today by the way? Well, today I masturbated for 3 times and also procrastinated all my day. That's not even funny anymore.
    Even though I struggled to stop procrastinting for more than a year now, I am still trying...

My plans for tomorrow (for tomorrow because I am going to bed in ~1 hour):

-Do a dopamine detox. I know, not the best idea to cut everything out at once, but in my case this is the only way out. My DD (dopamine detox) includes:
    SOCIAL MEDIA (except for youtube educational videos)
    PRON (pmo)
    RAP MUSIC (need to start listening to something for meditation)

These are probably my 3 biggest distractions. What am I going to do then? Well, I am trying to keep things simple:
    -Read books in english
    -Learn programming (web development)
    -Preparing for my exams

That's all. I need to prepare for the exams to go to the university, I need to learn programming because I will be learning it in the university and I need to learn english because i need it for my future job. It seems to me this is all I need to do, only those 3 things, but why is it so hard...?

The last thing I want to work on, is improving my brain. I mean, i will try something like sudoku, chess, math problems, Rubik's cube.

Are you with me guys? Tell me your story. If you are a big procrastinator like me, we will find common ground!