1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Quitting Smoking

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by Deleted Account, Jan 7, 2018.

1. Not to mention you're just replacing one problem with another. Plus e-sigs aren't healthy at all, you're inhaling vapors that are terrible for your lungs and throat.

Deleted Account likes this.
  2. A41:14A

A41:14A Fapstronaut

Great habit, except it kills you..
    It's certainly more expensive than ever.. mostly around 35 to 40 a pack here in Australia..
    We've got plain packaging here, with all the grotesque images too - can't tell one brand or strength from another..
    Been thinking of stopping smoking myself..
    Thanks for the book recommendation @Rob_B_ .. I've got a link to the pdf here if anyone wants it:
    https://www.reddit.com/r/stopsmokin..._pdf_of_allen_carrs_easy_way_to_stop_smoking/

3. Single Palm Change

Single Palm Change Fapstronaut

I quit smoking a year ago. Cold turkey, no patches.

Your in for quite a few sleepless nights, night sweats (I would drench sheets, ended up sleeping on a big towel and changing it every few hours) and cold/hot flashes.
    Remember to drink lots of water!!

Also, you will probably start coughing a lot after 1 or 2 weeks. This is only positive.

Happy quitting. It's the best thing I ever did. I don't miss it at all. After 2 months of stopping I smoked a puff of a cigarette out of curiosity at a party. It tasted like serious shit. BWAHHH!! Can't understand how I could stand that stuff for so many years

Deleted Account and A41:14A like this.
  4. I have had a lot of weird fucking dreams on the patch! I had to take them off last night, because how vivid they were. I been coughing more lately as well. And I feel like I'm hungrier than usual, but hey if I gain 10 pounds I can always lose it instead of reversing the permanent effects of smoking. Thanks bud, congrats on quitting too!

Single Palm Change and A41:14A like this.
  5. I'm on day 6, and for me the patch has worked wonders for me. I don't crave cigarettes at all, unless I see someone smoking and I'm tempted but I've already saved $48 this week!

A41:14A likes this.
  6. from all the people ive known to have quit the first two wks
    are the toughest. your almost half way there!
    prepare for improved lung capacity, reduced PB
    and a host of other awesome health benefits.
    +saving money to use on things that will benefit
    you is nice too.

keep up the great work B!

7. Easiest way to not smoke again is goto the gym and eat good. Plenty of water. Run as fast as you can after a 1 hour work out with weights. Your body and lungs will tell you why it's so fkn bad for you.

8. Single Palm Change

Single Palm Change Fapstronaut

Yeah it helps to establish a life where smoking doesn't fit in. Also stopping drinking too much or going to bars for the first few months as well.

You know, the patches are probably stronger than the cigarettes you used to smoke. Nicotine is a neurotransmitter and tobacco snuff/juice has been used as a hallucinogenic for thousands of years by the native americans. So definantly having it in the blood will make the dreams weird.
    Although withdrawal can also make you have some pretty vivid dreams.

A41:14A and Deleted Account like this.
  9. A41:14A

A41:14A Fapstronaut

Yeah, withdrawal from PMO made the dreams pretty vivid in the beginning..

10. wake_up

wake_up Fapstronaut

Hi everyone,
    I think it's awesome that you want to quit smoking.

I'm a non smoker myself, but my AP recommended me this book anyway, and I'm trying to apply the principles of this book to the PMO addiction as I find the method quite interesting.
    But I have the same problems as you.

First of all, I can really relate to the things written in the book, that's quite fascinating and scary at the same time. I did read half the book, then stopped for a while, relapsed massively, and then again started reading. Atm I think, yes, I could apply the principles to P - as it's equally toxic for the mind. But what about MO ? Isn't that a habbit ?
    I got some problem continuing reading the book, maybe it's really fear. I don't know.
    Would be glad to find someone to discuss it with.

And I really liked the passage about willpower in Carr's book - as I found out for myself, that the willpower doesn't work for me, it just drains me of energy and afterwards I fail miserably and relapse.
    I guess this "straightforward" willpower approach doesn't work so well with addictions in general. So, I guess there is only this chance to master the "easy way" method ...

As I don't want to spam this thread with this Allen Carr stuff, I created another thread to focus on this topic with the Easyway book:
    https://www.nofap.com/forum/index.p...op-smoking-applying-the-method-to-pmo.155008/

Last edited: Feb 4, 2018
  11. LEPAGE

LEPAGE Fapstronaut

Ha! Banning menthol darts, but legal weed is on the way! Our country is in so much trouble.

12. ain't nothing wrong with legalizing weed though.

13. Shiva87

Shiva87 Fapstronaut

If heroin addict try to quit injecting heroin, he does not want to use heroin patches to quit heroin. Its same thing, you still are addicted