1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Raw Meat?

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by FirefromAbove, Aug 12, 2021.

1. FirefromAbove

FirefromAbove Fapstronaut

What's with the whole raw meat thing? Do people actually practice this unironically?

I know it's a fad and I'll never partake, but I'm genuinely curious does anyone here eat raw meat? And why?

2. It's not meat but I have eaten raw fish (sashimi) many times before.

3. FirefromAbove

I meant to clarify. I have too, I enjoy raw fish quite a bit.

4. I don't know why people eat raw meat too, it definitely contains many harmful bacteria if we don't cook it.

5. JoeinUSA

JoeinUSA Fapstronaut

Beef tartare, anyone?

6. This is the first time I have heard about it!

7. FirefromAbove

Never had it and I know technically cold cuts are raw meat, but they're cured. (Might make some prosciutto this weak, idk)

I'm saying like straight-up buying a steak and eating it out of the rapper.

8. Melkhiresa

Melkhiresa Fapstronaut

what happen when you go too far into eating only "natural".

9. FirefromAbove

You get a bacteria with a funny name and die

Last edited: Aug 12, 2021
  10. I feel that eating raw meat, unless you are eating something you hunted down yourself, is very unsafe.

11. fredisthebes

fredisthebes Fapstronaut

There's a good chance you'll be fine, especially if you source the meat properly, but it is introducing risk and there is no nutritional benefit, while eating food that most people would find revolting (or an aquired taste at best).

Steak tartare is fine, no more harmful than a very rare steak (which is barely warm in the centre). Sushi, also fine. Chicken/poultry? Cook it properly, salmonella is not a good time.

12. skaterdrew

skaterdrew Fapstronaut

Gross

This guy eats raw meat and drinks blood

SickSicko likes this.
  13. FirefromAbove

Lol I was about to link that.

That's caused me to make this thread LOL. I couldn't comprehend how was doing it with a straight face

14. skaterdrew

skaterdrew Fapstronaut

Yeah it's really gross lol.

15. SickSicko

SickSicko Fapstronaut

Raw meat is awesome, also it roots backs millenia.
    And blood is just amazing.
    Although you should not just buy some grounded beef at the groceries and eat that shit for instance.

Also, raw liver tastes like 10 times better than cooked liver in my experience, if it's like organic well sourced etc, otherwise it usually taste like licking a rusty screw....

Like c'mon, anyone here order a steak well done? Blue, rare, medium rare tops, otherwise it turns into juiciless cardboard.

Also, eggs, runny yolk is the way, I like my white cooked, but cooking the yolk is just ruining it.

16. FirefromAbove

I'm sure it's an old practice, but I can't see myself going into it. Plus it's theorized that cooking meat helped us evolved because cooked meat releases more nutrients.

I grew up on well-done steak, and I can confidently say that it's the only raw meat I'm willing to eat, granted medium rare lol