Reasons to be cheerful

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by Kim Wexler, Aug 28, 2022.

1. FirefromAbove

FirefromAbove Fapstronaut

Yeah Ive been stun before. I like to live on the edge.

2. The only time I have ever been stung, I was driving with the window down and a bee flew in and landed on my hand. I didn't know what it was, I just saw a huge black bug fall on my hand from my peripheral vision, so I shook it off my hand, and it stung me and flew out.

Lol it seemed like such a jerk move. Just fly in, stab me with your butt poison, and leave.

3. The guy we were planning to give our car to is finally here to pick it up :) he had to get a tow truck, so it took some time for him to get all that stuff figured out, but my husband is outside right now signing the title over.

It'll be nice to have some more space to park my car, since our driveway is fairly small.

4. FirefromAbove

Ugh, that's the worse.

I've been stung multiple times. Which is why I'm so aggressive with them around the house.

I do a lot of tree work and there was once a colony of miner bees under the ground where I was cutting down a tree. Whilst cutting the tree the vibration I was creating caused them to swarm and sting me three times. I then dumped hornet spray down the hole where they came. That didn't work so I dumped soapy water down it a few days later which did the job. If it wasn't slow close to propane tanks I would have just lit it on fire which does an excellent job too.

TakingTheSteps likes this.
  5. It's funny, I've always been pretty afraid of most bugs, especially ones that can fly, but getting stung actually made me a little bit less afraid of bees, because now I know what it feels like and I know I can handle it.

6. Cirilla

Cirilla Guest

I am cheerful that my cousin's wedding went so incredibly well, that I managed not to smoke because I warned my sister to beat me up if I was asking even for a drag, and also, I'm cheerful that even though I got extremely drunk I didn't vomit in my parents car!!

7. I suppose I'm pretty cheerful about my cat. She's very cuddly and talkative, always telling me when she needs anything. I love watching her hunt crickets that get in the house and she's found a couple of scorpions too. When she has sufficiently injured them, she won't eat them, she'll just start calling and I'll clean up the pest and give her a treat. And in the morning, if I'm in bed for too long, she'll come over and she'll use her claw to very, very gently poke my face, which she knows irritates me, so it's like having 2 alarm clocks in my room, heh.

And she's just so friggin' cute.

8. You ever been stung in the eye? I know someone that was. XD

FirefromAbove likes this.
  9. FirefromAbove

No, I've been spared the pleasure.

Mostly in the back, neck, and legs.

Pentatonic likes this.
  10. TheHouseAlwaysWins

TheHouseAlwaysWins Fapstronaut

Right now, any day I don't reset is a reason to be cheerful. On a less pessimistic note, I genuinely enjoy Autumn weather. Rain or shine, I much prefer the cooler edge to the humidity of Summer.

11. Cirilla

Cirilla Guest

I watched John Wick for the first time today and TREMENDOUSLY enjoyed it. Laughed way too hard for what it is, was very dazzled. It made me happy and it felt weirdly feel good. I love justice

12. NothingMoreNothingLess

NothingMoreNothingLess Fapstronaut

Cirilla, I know I’m a little late but I wanted to say you go girl! I know it can be difficult but the mentality will make you more confident and happier which leads to better mental health! Your post was inspiration for me as I am in need of the opposite, which is gain weight to reach my lean/bulk equilibrium at a healthy BMI. I am sending good energy so you can reach your goal and be happy with your body.

13. Cirilla

Cirilla Guest

Wow, this was unexpected but felt like rain after drought - thank you so much man! This feels very reaffirming and reassuring. You really got this dude, don't hesitate to reach out if you need some motivational helping hand, it would be a pleasure. And I got this as well! I have no doubt that we will both reach our polar goals :) Let's get to work!

14. NothingMoreNothingLess

NothingMoreNothingLess Fapstronaut

Well, I am going on a spontaneous 5-day vacation in 2 weeks, so I had to postpone my Brazilian wax a couple days after I return. Gained 1 pound this week alone. I’ve been drinking high calorie milkshakes after working out but also been keeping my skincare routine in mind to prevent outbreaks. I also cleaned out my house. Work is going amazing. Meeting new people each week.

15. Cirilla

Cirilla Guest

I am happy for you for your holidays!! Things seem to go well for you :D