1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Recover faster from a relapse

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by jay01_, Dec 3, 2023.

1. jay01_

jay01_ New Fapstronaut

Here's a list of things I do to recover faster from a relapse

Cold showers because it increases dopamine. There's a study that it increases it by 250%
    Diet. Eating enough fats and protein. Fats are important for testosterone and I get my protein from eggs. Eggs have cholesterol which is also important for testosterone and eggs have l tryptophan and l tyrosine which are good for mood
    Exercise is good for overall health and builds muscle.

2. Rostrock47

Rostrock47 Fapstronaut

What else?

3. jay01_

jay01_ New Fapstronaut

Anything that can upregulate dopamine receptors because after a relapse dopamine receptors are downregulated. 2 supplements that I take that helps with upregulating the dopamine receptors is alcar and forkoslin

4. SilentWolfSong

SilentWolfSong Fapstronaut

Get out of the house. Part of recovering is mental. The focus is to view a woman in a normal light, as a slightly different human with deep emotions and qualities. Interacting normally with a female coworker or cashier or friend, asking them about their day, just normal interactions, can return your perspective from a woman being an object for cum to a woman being an object for friendship, kindness, affection, and love. NF is partially about self control but also really just about respecting someone else for who they are.

5. Eggs, have not heard that one yet will give it a try.

6. Fighter_mode

Fighter_mode Fapstronaut

Thanks for this thread. Just joined NoFap so trying to learn good tips and ideas.