1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Relapse after 16days

For Fapstronauts who are disciples of Christ

1. Untamed_fantasy

Untamed_fantasy Fapstronaut

Hey guys I´m a 20 year old male and I want to become PMO free,

I just relapsed after I was 15 days PMO free and I feel horrible, this was my first relapse after really trying to overcome this addiction. It all started yesterday when I saw some nude pictures on Instagram by accident. I really didn´t wanted to see it and it happens really by accident.
    After that day I was always thinking about it and I regrated it so much because I did not want to start again by day 0. These pictures got stuck in my head and I always wanted to see more of it again, even by knowing that I will regret it more… Today the desires for it got worse and worse until I finally relapsed.

15 days for nothing I really thought I would overcome this addiction this time (I tried to become PMO free a lot of times before, but I never tried it so serious like I tried it this 15 days). I´m now very frightened to fall again into daily PMO. The next days are the worse because I will tell myself that I can start tomorrow and tomorrow I will say the same and so on and so on…

I deleted Instagram so that I cannot fall into this trap again, even I only used Instagram to get motivated by Nofap memes and -mempages which are very funny btw…(and helped me the last days).

I´m also very religious, but in the last days I didn’t pray much because it feels like God seems a little bit apart from me.

What I want to ask u guys is if you got any advice for me to not fall again and how I`m going to overcome the next days and how to let God help me to overcome this addiction?

(Sorry for my bad English, and thank u for your answers)

dariofo_ever and Konka like this.
  2. XandeXIV

XandeXIV Fapstronaut

15 days for a first attempt is good. When I was 20 a 15-day streak was rare. Well done for making it that far :)

Keep at it. You may fail after a day or after 15 more days but what's important is to keep trying. I've gone longer than fifteen days and slipped back into daily PMO... of course I'm not saying that's right, but just letting you know you're not alone. Failures like this are normal.

Deleting Instagram sounds like a wise move, well done. This isn't something I've had to do personally, but in the past I have done similar. If I found a Facebook friend particularly attractive I would unfollow them in my news feed to prevent triggers. On two occasions I've had to unfriend people to prevent myself intentionally going to their pictures page. It's not like they posted explicit pictures of themselves or anything, I was just found them so attractive that I was really turned on my their regular day-to-day photos, and my self control back then was simply awful.

And please, keep praying. If you pray He will not be far from you. Psalm 145 v. 18 says "The LORD is near to all who call on him, to all who call on him in truth.". But when you pray, confess your problem to Him each and every time and ask Him to forgive you and to change you. It may take time, but God is patient (Psalm 86:15)

And I think the following passage from Hebrews 4:14-16 is especially relevant here:

"14 Therefore, since we have a great high priest who has passed through the heavens, Jesus the Son of God, let us hold firmly to what we profess. 15 For we do not have a high priest who is unable to sympathize with our weaknesses, but we have one who was tempted in every way that we are, yet was without sin. 16 Let us then approach the throne of grace with confidence, so that we may receive mercy and find grace to help us in our time of need."

Jesus understands how difficult our temptations are, so we can be confident when we approach God - including when we pray :)

And I will pray for you too in my prayers this evening. God Bless you.

3. Welcome to the group. Check out the Information tab for some helpful resources. The SET FREE NOWWW process has really helped me gain control over my thoughts, taking each thought captive and turning them over to Christ to help exchange the lies in them for his truth. You can see in your own situation the lies you fell for. We must not do that!

It can take us a while to break free. The main thing is that you do not give up. One day and one thought at a time. Keep reaching out.

4. dariofo_ever

dariofo_ever Fapstronaut

Hey man, I'm in a VERY similar situation. I just fell after 15 days...again.

I think the really important thing (apart from reaching out to the Lord) is to remember that this is a PROCESS, not a pass/fail situation. Every single day you've gone without PMO is incredibly valuable and has helped to build up and reinforce good habits. Just because you fall, it doesn't mean that your 15 day streak was meaningless; it's literally not! It's no different than loosing weight: if you stay on a diet for 15 days, you're going to shed some pounds even if, on Day 16, you splurge and have a cheeseburger and some cake. Eating a cheeseburger and cake does not cause you to gain the all the weight back and render your dietary work worthless. You simply gained back a couple pounds, but you still lost 10.

The biggest danger (and I guess my advice) is to make sure that you give yourself grace when you mess up (Jesus gives you grace, so why shouldn't you?) and to make sure you remind yourself that this is a process, there is no failing as long as you don't give up. Peter denied Jesus three times and he became one of the greatest Christ followers in history. Nothing you've done is quite as bad as denying Christ as he's about to be crucified! So also remember God loves you and there is nothing you've done or could ever do that is beyond His forgiveness or Redemption.

So give yourself a break. You haven't gained all the weight back, you just had a cheeseburger ;) And, most of all, God loves you. (I'm also preaching this to myself by the way- lol!)

I'm with you, brother and I'm proud of you :)

Untamed_fantasy, Konka and Tao Jones like this.
  5. Recovery from lust is a marathon, not a sprint. Keep moving forward, one day at a time.

(Also, if you lose 10 pounds in 15 days, please consult a doctor. That's not healthy. :) )

6. Untamed_fantasy

Untamed_fantasy Fapstronaut

Kizukipon, Konka and XandeXIV like this.