1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Relationship Break Advice

Discussion in 'Rebooting in a Relationship' started by Keys2TheCastle, Jul 8, 2019.

1. Keys2TheCastle

Keys2TheCastle Fapstronaut

About two weeks ago, I told my partner that I wanted to take a break in our relationship. During this time, I have already begun fretting about trying to match up with or talk to other people to start forming friendships or go on dates, but because things aren't working out, I am spiraling down fast.

The other night, my (ex-?)partner was in a call with me and while we were casually playing an online game together, we made flirtatious/sexual remarks and it reminded me of how playful we were when we didn't take things so seriously. While I might have felt chill or turned-on in the moment, I am panicking now.

(Ex-?)partner would like to spend time with me tomorrow and I don't know what I should do. Should I stay away and spend time with them another day or just go for it and spend time together? I'm trying to at least be good friends.

2. don’t do something you will regret later

did you specify how long you wanted to take a break from your partner? Did you mean you wanted to break up or just take a break

3. It kinda sounds like you aren't taking a break or aren't clear with yourself and her what that means. Thus, you can't really explain what the status of your relationship is. You sound ambivalent.

Also, I am inferring that that you expect taking a break from her will instantly lead to new relationships with other people. It doesn't. It means you will be single. That seems to scare you. If you can't tolerate being single, you'll jump into relationships with other people without fully considering whether that relationship is healthy for you or not.

Peace,
    -Quinn