Revelation on Contentment in Christ

For Fapstronauts who are disciples of Christ

1. G0ReadAB00k

G0ReadAB00k Fapstronaut

Good morning all!

I just wanted to share a revelation I had this morning while updating my journal...

--

In my morning quiet time, after I read through my One Year Bible plan for the day, I've been working through John Bevere's Killing Kryptonite devotional in the YouVersion Bible app. I have previously read the book, but I want to be regularly strengthening my spirit and my understanding specifically in the fight against PMO, and there are so many 5 or 7-day devotionals in that category, its pretty cool.

Anyway, this morning's devotional was all about finding contentment in the Lord and running from covetousness, which at its root is really idolatry. Colossians 3:5 says, "Therefore put to death your members which are on earth: fornication, uncleanness, passion, evil desire, and covetousness, which is idolatry."

And the way we put our flesh's covetousness is by replacing it with contentment in Christ! Hebrews 13:5-6 says, "Let your conduct be without covetousness; be content with such things as you have. For He Himself has said, 'I will never leave you nor forsake you.' So we may boldly say: 'The Lord is my helper; I will not fear. What can man do to me?'"

Wow, so I JUST had a revelation about the last line of that verse in Hebrews, "What can man do to me?"

Well, when I seek out PMO, I am believing a lie that "man" (or rather, women) can satisfy me in a twisted, sexual manner. I am not believing the truth that the my heart can be changed by the Holy Spirit, and its fleshly desires can be changed to holy desires and then satisfied in Him.

So another way to interpret this verse, if I may, is "What can man do FOR me?" Well, NOTHING! If I can only find true contentment in the Lord, then nothing that man can do for me can satisfy me, except that which man does according to God's will.

So when I am married and my wife and I come together as one in holy sexual relations, she can satisfy me, because she and I are using God's gift of sex in the manner in which He created it to be used. Wow.

--

Be blessed and stay strong.

2. Great revelation. The spirit was speaking directly to your heart about this. That is a wonderful feeling and there’s more where that came from. He gives us an eternal spiritual satisfaction and from that will flow a better satisfaction in life on earth also.