1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

scared of girls

Discussion in 'Dating during a Reboot' started by matt2k12, Apr 21, 2020.

1. Kursk

Kursk Fapstronaut

Very helpful reply

2. IbrahimViking

IbrahimViking Fapstronaut

I didn't read the comments, sorry, but here's my suggestion, it might work, or not, so try it.
    When you feel that anxiety again, (when it comes - don't try to summon it on purpose), instead of fighting it, just sit with it. Even taunt it, like "is that all we've got?! More anxious, now!".
    Only do it alone.
    We suppress (resist) some emotions in our past, and as we change, they just try to evolve, and they will, if you just let yourself have what you already have.
    It might disappear forever after 5 minutes of this, just because you dropped the resistance to this "fear".
    If it doesn't work, let me tell you that I had legit anxiety attacks before meeting my love (lol I seriously was insane), but it's been years since then and we're very happy together still. So in the worst case, just feel like shit - you might still go and get lucky like me.

Last edited: May 2, 2020
    matt2k12 likes this.
  3. LewisBrunner

LewisBrunner Fapstronaut

I think that first thing that can help you is to avoid any expectations. Get out with a girl for fun and to have a great time.

4. matt2k12

matt2k12 Fapstronaut

thanks for the input @pavloo91 @LewisBrunner @J707 @IbrahimViking @LOSEmyselftoSAVEmyself

im now 2 weeks in my nofap journey and since several days i started to notice girls again. im just enchantend by them. but as one here has suggested, i shall forget about girls all together until i have reached at least the 90 days. its been a trap in which ive fallen before. the trap would look like this: i see girls, im enarmoured by them, i want them, i will think i need them to be happy in life - then i will feel lonely because i dont have them right now in my life - then i will be sad - then i will fall. i will cut this puttern right between i want them and i need them. i can still want them, but i cant need them, because i dont. as it should be, i should be perfectly content and happy without anyone. until i grow into such a state, that whatever comes, i will not be shaken off off it, i will not pursue women. im glad i came to this clarity of mind (thanks to nofap), and in case anyones interested: i observe in myself, that just by being aware of these things, i grow into such a state. just yesterday, while jogging, i met two beautiful girls and i created rapport with them; in the past i would have thought longer about them, and maybe how to meet up with them, maybe i would have scorn myself because i didnt get their numbers - but yesterday i did not do such things, i was just happy that i met them and talked to them and then i moved on without other thughts.

Last edited: May 1, 2020
    Buddhabro, IbrahimViking and pavloo91 like this.

5. A lot of this is good, it is good to avoid approaching girls in a streak/reboot.

But the main reason why someone does a reboot is to upgrade their lives.

They get clarity of thought, energy and mental focus.

Using those tools, they can earn more money, start a business, improve their current business.

Or they can go out and be awesome with their skills, it can be in countless ways, like music,

writing, art, athletics, etc.

Here is the endgame:

creating an awesome life, which will bring women, without approaches.

Trust in this process.

Buddhabro, IbrahimViking and matt2k12 like this.
  6. matt2k12

matt2k12 Fapstronaut

i trust the process alright. i dont want any women in my life, at the very least not during these 90 days. yet they keep getting in my thoughts, sometimes, and i wish they didnt. i wish i was completely free and indifferent. i am, sometimes, and sometimes i am not. i am not, because i was not for the most part of my life; but i believe that with persistence, i.e. daily affirmation, prayer, etc., i will reach a state where i will not be affected by them anymore.. it is hard though; it seems to me, the more i dont want women, the more they want me. so it will be getting harder. i am ready for this. i will not just wait and let the days pass and count my streak go higher; with each passing day i intend to increase my commitment toward nofap and the lifestyle around it..
    one woman today looked at me, and there was something in her eyes that wasnt very pure.. i feel that now that i become aware who i really am, what man i am, what i am capable of - that women become aware of that too. i dont want them in my life though. i want to live my purpose and drive and passion and i feel that when a women appears she will only distract me from my goals and ambitions. anyone know that feeling?

7. pavloo91

pavloo91 Fapstronaut

Hey, man, what you write here seems noble. Please, however, be cautious not to become sexually repressed in the process. I'm writing this out of concern. This is great that you don't want to live just to please women - with this I agree. But don't beat yourself up for the fact that they keep getting in your thoughts - after all, you are a man and they are incredible ;) I think it would be better if you allowed these thoughts, just not follow them into the fantasy land too much. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I really see some danger with your quest.

Chris_Cactusblossom and matt2k12 like this.
  8. I think you got the right attitude.

The only thing I can add, speaking for myself, is that there always has been

kind of a minimal or ambient amount of sex drive there, in my mind.

I don't see that changing very much because that aspect of a man,

is his purpose in society.

Some men are eunachs, this is true, but not many.

But as weird as it sounds, having a robust sex drive

actually is good FOR THE REBOOT/STREAK!

The reason I say this is because the sex drive is what makes a man

achieve in life, in sports, academia, business, music, arts, fighting, whatever.

A eunach, or priest, in my opinion would not get much out of streaking for that reason.

So the streak becomes a double-edged sword,

making the man more intense, yet happens because he denies himself.

The thing about the streak is that it is emotionally hard for me sometimes,

because I have moments, and I think, boy, I would sure like a woman about now...

But if I stay on this life improvement course, I am using and developing discipline.

And what you will learn over time,

is that there is always going to be a girl for you.

Always. Everywhere you go, there is someone.

Since you know I'm not lying about that,

put off chasing women as long as possible,

and you will be seriously glad about that in the future.

You already have some awesome momentum in your streak now,

keep it going.

You are too smart, I can tell by your writing, to throw it away.

Chris_Cactusblossom and matt2k12 like this.
  9. matt2k12

matt2k12 Fapstronaut

i figured i answer in this thread as the other topic is about something else.

thanks man, i really appreciate it! sometimes it sounds too good to be true though. i dont really miss her, i just think of her, if that makes any sense. my emotions are elsewhere. i have experienced pt. 2 already, but i just dunno what to do about it. yesterday i was at the dentist and the girl, last time i was there and tried to be funny, pretty much ignored me and was indifferent. this time i just was myself and indifferent, i didnt try anything i was just myself and even if that meant not getting anything out of the situation, and as i left she made a silly joke that wasnt even funny and giggled, which in hindsight i believe was really due to me being centered and in my masculine. the girl at the gym smiled at me twice yesterday, today in the shop a girl just smiled at me ... all that, and i just dunno what to do about it man. theres nothing to do about it really, as i think of it, is there, then just to take it and be content that someone smiles at you, or to appreciate beauty when you see it without getting thoughts. maybe its the pmo addicted part of my brain that still sees those females as objects and thinks it has to do something with the attention that im getting now. does this make any sense to you?

thanks man, i really appreciate it! sometimes it sounds too good to be true though. i dont really miss her, i just think of her, if that makes any sense. my emotions are elsewhere. i have experienced pt. 2 already, but i just dunno what to do about it. yesterday i was at the dentist and the girl, last time i was there and tried to be funny, pretty much ignored me and was indifferent. this time i just was myself and indifferent, and as i went out she made a joke and giggled, which in hindsight i believe was really due to me being centered and in my masculine. the girl at the gym smiled at me twice yesterday, today in the shop a girl just smiled at me ... all that, and i just dunno what to do about it man. theres nothing to do about it really, as i think of it, is there, then just to take it and be content. maybe its the pmo addicted part of my brain that still sees those females as objects and thinks it has to do something with the attention that im getting now. does this make sense to you?

your not wrong, i maybe did something wrong the past few weeks as i was filled with anger and misery. i shut myself off of women for good, i didnt look at them nor talk to them if i hadnt to. it helped me on my streak, i had no urges, but left me quite miserable and without joy.
    im still struggling with it. i hope that with time i will look at women just in the right way,

Last edited: Jun 18, 2020
  10. Ameer.Hamza

Ameer.Hamza Fapstronaut

It will be very surprised, but I never knew how to make a girlfriend or talk to girls, and I never thought about to making girlfriend, please tell me what to do,

11. Yeah, you don't have to feel bad about how you think about women.

That is just a bunch of male-shaming that comes out of the media.

I mean, when you see a girl who is all primped up, what is a guy supposed to think?

Hey, I bet she's really good at chess...

Hey I wonder if this girl knows the Beethoven sonata as well as I do...?

That is not part of attraction.

Likewise, she doesn't think about you like that either.

So it's ok, it's part of it.

Is it ok to say that because she was wearing a skirt, that someone has the right

to blame her for their sexual thoughts?

No, that's the responsibility of an individual, what they think about.

But I think you are a good dude, and you will complete this reboot,

and every day things will keep getting better.

I am seeing your attitude improve already.

Notice how effortless that is?

It's because you are putting in the work to do the streak.

I commend you, my friend.

12. Can relate - I'm having similar thoughts/experiences. 7 weeks is a great streak - get back at it, man. You'll feel great in no time. It's right there for you to take!

cr7da8055 and matt2k12 like this.
  13. 7 weeks?

cr7da8055 likes this.
  14. matt2k12

matt2k12 Fapstronaut

my pre-previous streak.

15. Oh ok.

Keep it going, you are over the 30 day mark today.

Super excellent outstanding!

Chris_Cactusblossom likes this.
  16. HornyChang

HornyChang Fapstronaut

I had the exact same thing. It made realize that deep within. I thought i didnt deserve love. Once I acknowledged I deserve love just like everyone else it went away.

17. I guess it depends how you define "love".

In America they use the same word to define romantic love, familial love, unconditional love

and friendship.

When I myself talk about love, it's about romantic love with a girl.

But who deserves it?

This thing is not standardized, exactly...

Everybody in my opinion does not and does deserve it at the same time.

18. fredisthebes

fredisthebes Fapstronaut

oh, pfft, I would never have met my wife if I had this rule. Just meet somewhere crowded like a town square, shopping mall, etc first time you meet. If the girl on the profile pic isn't there, go home. Don't agree to meet up in an abandoned warehouse or a car park late at night!

You should be doing things that scare you - all the time! It is good for your character. If you are anxious about taking a girl out for a drink - do it anyway! If she humiliates you, walks out and leave you with the bill - big deal. Treat it as a learning experience. The worse thing that can happen is rejection, and after that happens a few times, you will realise that it isn't that bad. Whatever, try again. This is about building confidence, improving as a man. It's not about getting married to the first girl who doesn't run away from you :)

I think guys here should lighten up about paying for dinner too - what's the big deal if she's 'using' you to pay for a meal anyway? Take her somewhere nice but basic. Don't play at being a big shot if you can't afford it. Treat it as entertainment, budget for it, and treat her. If you are so poor that you can't afford taking a girl to a restaurant once in a blue moon, maybe focus on your career for a bit.

19. This is masterful insight. I mean that.

I also have met women online, never had a problem.

The thing where I have gone wrong in dating is to rush into the first date.

I think there needs to be some weeks or a month where there is a solid rapport built,

then dating at that point is ok, fun even.

But if you meet a girl, and the same week you are on a date with her,

the odds are slim this will end up in a relationship.

You can play the numbers game, and sometimes it ends up in a relationship,

but it's an expensive way to get there, filled with rejection and unproductive time wasted.

Go out on a date with someone who you like, don't settle.

Love is the intersection of compatibility and attraction.

matt2k12 likes this.
  20. matt2k12

matt2k12 Fapstronaut

thanks man. your encouragment was my only joy in the last couple days. well that and the green numbers on yahoo finance today. but today was probably the worst day of my life. why? idk. i felt nothing. last couple days i at least had the anger and aggression at anyone and everyone. today that was gone also. i felt nothing. does this even make sense? i know that im in this place because of all the stuff i did in the past, so i take responsibility for it. for once, i want to do things right. ik pmo is not an option, although it would be a nice escape. i dont want to escape anymore though. i want to live life, and if that means i have to go through this stage where im at, then ill go through. i dont intend to moan or complain or to reach out for love, that is not the intent of this post. i got an idea how to overcome the ex-gf stuff; i pretend she doesnt exist. if she is not anymore in my life for good - how would i live? i played this mindgame with myself, and realized, that i hadnt had given her up still, that my hope was what had held me back. how would i live a life where she doesnt exist? i wouldnt be so self defeated. i would again dare and choose life. thats food for the mind for the next couple days at least.