1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Seeing God

For Fapstronauts who are disciples of Christ

1. I do not believe we can see God as we would another human, but I do believe we can see him through creation. I invite you to look up into the sky during sunset or sunrise on a noncloudy day and look at the beauty of the sky, when at sea you see the most beautiful sunsets, a huge open sky, the sun, and sky shining with a pure golden radiance, in those moments I truly see and feel God.

open_mind95 and Tao Jones like this.
  2. God's creation is indeed a terrific way to see him. I also see him in other people, each one his unique creation.

open_mind95 and BravelyKegger like this.
  3. CPilot

CPilot Fapstronaut

Great post! I share your thoughts. The vastness of the Universe is one of many things I call to mind when I compose my prayers. Recently, I read that Hubble has imaged the most distant star that humans have ever observed. It is 12.9 billion light years from earth. The light from this star has taken so long to reach us that the star is probably extinguished by now. How incredibly large is the universe but yet God encompasses it all. Even more amazing, as St. Augustine said, each small part of the universe has God in it but no part of God is any less divine than God as a whole. Humans are less than the size of an atom in comparison to the universe but yet God knows every hair on our head (LOL, in my case, that job is getting easier and easier).

Keli and Tao Jones like this.