1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Self Improvement List

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by Deleted Account, Mar 7, 2020.

1. Hey Everyone,

So I have been on this journey for quite sometime. While I have hit some bumps in the road (as recent as today), I'm going to put together a list of things I am now pursuing since the start of this journey.

1. Academics
    I was horrible in math in high school and college. I've started refreshing myself on basic arithmetic and will be working my way up to Algebra 1, Geometry, Algebra 2 etc. I'd like to eventually learn Calculus & Linear Algebra. I'm using some online resources and would like to go to a local community college to pass those classes officially as well. I majored in liberal arts major, so this would be a huge personal accomplishment for me. For the first time in my life, I am enjoying math. This helps me stay focused and does not allow me to reset AS much. I graduated with a 2.5 gpa but I also make 6 figures so its more personal to me than anything. It happens now and then though, but I feel like I am getting better at controlling my urges.

2. Programming
    I've continued to pursue some online learning. Some websites like Coursera, Lynda and Udemy have opened up some new ideas for me. I'm currently taking an introductory course to learn python3.

3. Meditation
    I try to do box breathing once a day for about 5 minutes for now. I do notice that whenever I meditate I feel VERY tired after, so if anyone has any clue on why that is I'd be glad to hear.

4. Gym
    I downloaded a workout app (fitbod) and sticking with a 3 body workout. My body is extremely sore but I'm sticking with it.

5. Languages
    I've had a language learning app called "busuu" on my phone. I want to learn Italian and maybe even Spanish later down the road.

6. Cooking
    I make homemade fresh pasta with my dinner and now I want to just broaden my skillset overall. I feel like women like a guy who can cook, plus I want to eat healthier overall for myself.

More to come on progress, but my biggest weakness so far is my social life. I'm very much a loner and need to meet new people. At 31, it seems like this gets harder to do as time goes on.

CaptainFranklin likes this.