1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Self medicating for anxiety

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by Fapsman, Sep 26, 2015.

1. Fapsman

Fapsman Fapstronaut

So im gonna throw this out there that I am an recreational drug user and have been for a few years now, which combined with PMO has caused me a great amount of anxiety resulting in me taking more drugs to cope with it which is obviously a downward destructive pattern...
    Well lately a friend of mine has had valium and xanex and when I tried them I felt 100% happier and at ease, i felt asif I could be myself and think alot clearer. Would it be wise to self medicate myself by taking a xanex or day or would that be foolish?
    I had a couple last night before bed and woke up feeling amazing all day with virtually no anxiety.

advice would be nice

2. Spidey2Dope

Spidey2Dope Fapstronaut

Yeah I feel like it would be foolish since you're not prescribed. Even if you were prescribed I would think it's foolish. The reason why I say that is because you admitted you are a recreational drug user as I once was. That more than likely means you have a addictive personality like I do too. Hence being on here to deal with PMO addiction. I've known a lot of people to die from over dosing on Xana.x. My best suggestion is quit doing drugs, they are fucking with your mind like they did me. Quit while your ahead buddy. Try eating better and working out to get rid of anxiety and stress. It's not gonna make you feel better overnight but overtime it will. Get well and stop the drugs my friend, they aren't doing you any favors. Trust me on that.

3. g2stop

g2stop Fapstronaut

I think anything artificial maybe good in the short term, but is bad in the long term, just like PMO

4. MR. decisive

MR. decisive Fapstronaut

Try to observe what a natural life would look like and follow the same.
    Sleep pattern
    Diet
    Sexual conduct and you shall know it from within,
    And work at it without

5. nfprogress

nfprogress Fapstronaut

As already stated, the benzodiazepines are too addictive to take every day. Their best use is considered to be prn (as needed). With other drug problems/addictions, you are also better off consulting with a physician. In the US, I have seen anti-depressants prescribed as a first line defense against anxiety instead of benzos. In any case, it is best to get it from a licensed medical professional. They will absolutely treat anxiety for you. There are many medications that may help that don't have the side effects of benzos. Another trouble with xanex is the short half life. It makes it more addictive since you may seek a higher dose response.

Taking a couple of them was likely about twice what you should have started with. xanex is powerful for me even at a low .25 mg dose. With higher doses you are likely to build tolerance faster and be more drowsy.