Semen Retention Quotes - Napolean Hill "Outwitting the Devil"

Discussion in 'Abstinence, Retention, and Sexual Transmutation' started by Ajar, Aug 10, 2022.

1. Ajar

Ajar Fapstronaut
    NoFap Defender

If you guys get a chance to read this book, super insightful, and offers practical methods to improve yourself. The book is given as an insight between the Author, whom is Napolean Hill, and something he perceived within himself as an alternative identity whom he calls The Devil. Its somewhat in an orthodox Christian context, but the insights contain a thorough depth, and are very useful. Its offered in a Question/Answer format between Napolean and the Devil. It appears that the Devil is in some sort of position where he cannot withhold facts, whether its against or for him. Here is some direct quotation, or extracts from the book:

Questioner (Napolean):
    How can one master the emotion of sex ?

Answerer (Devil):
    By the simple process of transmuting that emotion into some form of activity other than copulation. Sex is one of the greatest forces which motivate human beings. Because of this fact it is also one of the most dangerous forces. If humans would control their sex desires and transmute them into a driving force with which to carry on their occupation-that is if they spent on their work one half the time they dissipate in pursuit of sex, they would never know poverty.

Questioner (Napolean):
    Do I understand you to imply there is a relationship between sex and poverty ?

Answerer (Devil):
    Yes, where sex is not under definite control. If allowed to run its natural course, sex will quickly lead into the habit of "drifting".
    **Drifting in this context is the "Devils" method of leading people into self-destructive habits. The habits are primarily impulse based, with no self conscious effort. Eventually leading into a self-repeating behavior. In this book self control, self consciousness, self thinking is seen as the highest endeavor.

Questioner (Napolean):
    Is there any relationship between sex and leadership?

Answerer (Devil):
    Yes, all great leaders in every walk of life are highly sexed, but they follow the habit of controlling their sex desires, switching them into a driving force behind their occupation.

Questioner (Napolean):
    Is the habit of over-indulgence in sex as dangerous as the habit of taking narcotics or liquor ?

Answerer (Devil):
    There is no difference between these habits. Both lead to hypnotic control, through the habit of drifting!

Questioner (Napolean):
    Why does the world look upon sex and something Vulgar ?

Answerer (Devil):
    Because of the vulgar abuse people have made of this emotion. It is not sex that is vulgar. It is the individual who neglects or refuses to control and guide it.

Questioner (Napolean):
    Do you mean, by your statement, that one should not indulge in desire for sex?

Answerer(Devil):
    No, I mean that sex, like all other forces available to man, should be understood, mastered, and made to serve man. The desire for sex expression is as natural as the desire for food. The desire can no more be killed than one can entirely stop a river from flowing. If the emotion of sex is shut off from the natural mode of expression, it will break out in some other less desirable form, just as a river will, if damned, break through and flow around the dam. The person who has self-discipline understands the emotion of sex, respects it, and learn to control and transmute it into constructive activities.

Questioner (Napolean):
    Just what damage is there in over-indulgence of sex?

Answerer(Devil):
    The greatest damage is that it depletes the source of man's greatest driving force, and wastes, without adequate compensation, man's creative energy.
    It dissipates energy needed by nature to maintain physical health. Sex is natures most useful therapeutic force.
    It depletes the magnetic energy which is the source of an attractive, pleasing personality.
    It removes the spark from one's eyes, and sets up discord in the tone of ones voice.
    It destroys enthusiasm, subdues ambition, and leads inevitably to the habit of drifting on all subjects.

Questioner (Napolean):
    I would like for you to answer my question in another way by telling me what beneficial ends the emotion of sex may be made to attain, if mastered, and transmuted.

Answerer (Devil):
    Controlled sex supplies the magnetic force that attracts people to one another. It is the most important factor of a pleasing personality.
    It gives quality to the tone of voice, and enables one to convey through the voice any feeling desired.
    It serves, as nothing else can serve, to give motive-power to one's desires.
    It keeps the nervous system charged with energy needed to carry on the work of maintaining the body.
    It sharpens the imagination and enables one to create useful ideas.
    It gives quickness and definiteness to ones physical and mental movements.
    It gives one persistence and perseverance in the pursuit of ones major purpose in life.
    It is a great antidote for all fear.
    It gives one immunity against discouragement.
    It helps master laziness and procrastination.
    It gives one physical and mental endurance while undergoing any form of opposition or defeat.
    It gives one the fighting qualities necessary under all circumstances for self-defense.
    In brief, it makes winners and not quitters!

Questioner (Napolean):
    Are all those the advantages you claim for controlled sex energy?

Answerer (Devil):
    No, they are only some of the more important benefits it provides. Perhaps some will believe the greatest of all the virtues of sex is that it is natures method of perpetuation of all living things. This alone should remove all thought that sex is vulgar.
    "

Mind you, these insights were given in the early to mid 1900s. Semen Retention has truly been the source of greatness for way longer than we can imagine. Compare these with eastern cultures such as Taoism, Hinduism, Tantra, Yogic Sciences, all just thousands of miles apart with the same exact reported effects with just a tweak in how its described. Amazing!

Last edited: Aug 10, 2022
  2. jnjiyys

jnjiyys New Fapstronaut

I think Napolean Hill also mentions the "Mystery of Sex Transumation" in his more popular book, Thinking and Growing Rich. I got the book just to read his thoughts on transmutation.

3. Lifeisajourney

Lifeisajourney Fapstronaut

But why is the devil giving the wisdom? I don’t remember reading that in the book

4. Ajar

Ajar Fapstronaut
    NoFap Defender

Yea the book is called "Outwitting the Devil". I fully dont understand why the Devil is giving the information, but while skimming I did find this discourse. It appears that the Devil is compelled to give his weaknesses in the book to Napolean Hill...By the way this is not Napolean Hills more popular book "Think and Grow Rich".