1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

SO and Journals

Discussion in 'Rebooting in a Relationship' started by Deleted Account, Sep 23, 2017.

1. Would you let your SO read your private journal? Would you want to read your SO private journal?

I've started writing a private journal on an online platform, and I was wondering if I get into a relationship again would I let my SO read it. It would be a great way for her to know what kind of man she was in a relationship with and help her decide if she would want to commit to such a man. But what do you think?

Deleted Account likes this.
  2. GG2002

GG2002 Fapstronaut

At what point ? I think you should be honest about your past with her so she can make an informed decision. But if in the first months of dating some guy offered to or gave me a journal to read I would find it weird. Once you are serious and heading to marriage you could tell her about it and asks if she wants to read it.

3. At that point :emoji_arrow_down:

4. Temujin

Temujin Fapstronaut

I don't really see the point.

There is no reason to share, in fact i think it could harm your ability to get over it.

The main thing that helps with beating PMO is no longer being labeling yourself as a PMO guy. Just sharing this stuff is making other people think of you as the PMO guy, which will make you think more of yourself as the PMO guy.

The best thing for both you and your SO is beating PMO. There is no need to drag someone else into this

5. I think that if it's something your comfortable with and she is as well that is fine. I might have shared specific excerpts but not sure I'd be comfortable sharing my entire journal. I most definitely wouldn't want my husband reading my journal on here! I think he would be upset that I have shared so much personal info about us to strangers online. And I think some of the things I say on here might hurt his feelings. I deliver things to people differently than I might think in my head. I try to be considerate of others feelings. In my personal journal I have no one to offend and can just be raw about my thoughts and feelings.

How that makes sense. So my basic answer..it's your personal preference.