1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Social anxiety?

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by Deleted Account, Apr 26, 2019.

1. Hey there,

I can notice how I'm better when it comes to 'meetin girls', I make eye contact with 'em, sometimes I smile them, sometimes I get eye contact with smile back... But then, I keep doing my thing and no shit with her.

I think, maybe it's social anxiety? I mean, I'm walking down the street and I see a girl, we make eye contact for 3 seconds, then I turn away, should I talk to her?
    I see a girl we make eye contact, we smile, should I talk to her?

It's like I really want to meet girls, but I have like this 'fear' of she thinking I'm 'abusing' or shit like that, or this 'fear' of does know what to talk about...

Help me please, I need a cure.
    I think girls will help me to solve my PM problem, when it comes to a day I need to 'empty' my shit I would rather to do it with a real women.

220woof671 likes this.
  2. 220woof671

220woof671 Fapstronaut

You are doing good -- you are progressing.

As your NoFap Day Counter goes up so will your Confidence...…… and your anxiety will go down daily.
    Girls would probably like for you to talk with them -- if you have good intentions.
    Respect them...…. they may be going to work...…… or meet their husband...….etc.

I bet if you try talking to 3-5 girls ….. one will be single...… and open to a friendship.
    *Oh yeah, here's a neat trick I almost forgot: the 5 minute Mini-date.
    This can be longer if you both agree (shopping, lunch, walk, etc.)

Be friendly...…. hang out for a few minutes...……. see if you have...…. or don't have things in common.
    You might not like something about her.
    Get her number or email address and say goodbye.
    Good day for you :)

Motiv3 and Asgardian36 like this.
  3. 3nigma

3nigma Fapstronaut

Talking to women can be tricky. After all you can't read their minds and see if they're interested. What I do is start with a smile and see if they return it. Then if they do I might say "hi" or "hi, how are you?" and try and spark up a conversation. The key here is that it should feel natural, not forced. If it feels forced then you can always stop talking and/or say "have a nice day." To me, the most important thing is that it doesn't feel forced or awkward. A little awkwardness is okay though. Some guys say that women think it's cute when a guy comes off as shy/nervous. I don't know if it's true but it's something to keep in mind.

Learn to open with "smalltalk." A classic example of smalltalk is talking about the weather. Build from there

By the way, if all you want to do is "empty your sh*t," you're not gonna have a whole lot of success with women. Your intentions aren't pure and she'll see right through you.

I also want to throw in, and I know you don't want to hear this, if you're having problems with anxiety then you should consider quitting marijuana. Just my two cents. Take it or leave it.