Sorry I've Been Such a Dick Lately. Here's What Has Been Really Happening

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by Matrix Intel, May 14, 2017.

1. Many on this forum may have noticed that I've been acting like a cynical, cold dick at times, and I apologize for this. This is NOT who I am, and I know there is NO excuse for this behavior. Some of you may recall me threatening to delete my account, getting angry with success stories about happy couples and killing a snake. Overall, I've been a complete mess this past week or so, and I'll tell you why:

You see, I'm the type to actually be happy for others, including romantic success. I have many friends and relatives who are in relationships and I'm happy for them, get along with them very well, but this is a BIG IF. I am happy and content for them, in harmony with them, as long as they RETURN THE DAMN RESPECT BACK. Fuck. I mean it, as long as they are decent people and human beings, I live in complete harmony with them.

Unfortunately, the reality is that many couples and those in relationships are a bunch of MISERABLE fucks, trying to make others think that their life is so perfect, when they know damn well they are lost souls. I live with my uncle who is in a relationship. He thinks he knows it all because he has been around 20 years longer, but I know a lost soul when I see one. I know he faps, even though he has an active sex life. Same situation with my friend, as many others in relationships. For no reason, my uncle has been real moody, irritable and grumpy. My friends, who are the same age as me, do the exact, damn same thing. It's all the fuckin same with these people. Don't get me wrong, I've come across a couple that were completely content in life, and let me tell you: They are WONDERFUL people. But as for the others? Why the fuck can't they count their fucking blessings and realize how fortunate they are to have a SO and active sex life? Is it really that fucking hard? God, I feel so sorry for these people if they ever had to go through long-term isolation. They would commit suicide, almost can bet my life on it. Lots of these couples have had the love of their life handed down to them in their teenage years like candy, like my relatives. And they take out their insecurities on me when I treat them with the uttermost kindness and respect. This is what has driven me crazy the past couple of weeks. Single people are among the most common sense people that I know. Why can't these couples just stop and realize how LUCKY they are?!!!!

I Free I, sparkywantsnoPMO and jest like this.
  2. Can someone just tell me why it's so hard for these people to be thankful for what they have, like us singles do? What makes these people tick? It really perplexes me, but not in a bad way. I feel sorry for them. They will never be content, no matter how good their life is. I guess happiness really only does come from inside. The million dollar question is: Why can't these people appreciate what they have? Perhaps they don't know what it's like to be single? What gives? I'm left scratching my head. I know humanity is broken, but damn, are they THAT broken and lost?

3. Napalm

Napalm Guest

Why is it so hard for you to be thankful for all of the things in your life? Why can't you appreciate being single? Find the answers to those questions and you will have found the answers to your OP. It's said that when we criticize others we reveal more about ourselves than we do about those we criticize. More often than not we're angry with others because they resemble something we hate in ourselves. What we come to realize is that we're the biggest obstacles to happiness. Not our relationship status, wealth/poverty, education, work, etc. It's mainly us and our inability to appreciate ourselves and our lives.

Deleted Account, jest and Marcel0404 like this.
  4. All I know is that it's only up from here for me. I know what cold is. I've been in the artic ocean for years, so to speak. I'm a polar bear. Yeah, sure, some winters are tough and it gets to me, but the vast majority of people in relationships are living it up at the warm equator, where they think 70 degress F is cold. With infinite time comes infinite possibilites, and that ice age will come for them sooner or later. May God help them. For me though, I'm use to the cold. However, I have no clue what cold is like compared to the person who's been in abolute zero cold. You can't know light without knowing darkness, otherwise that light becomes your darkness, and darkness becomes that much darker. This is essentially karma in its very basic and raw form.

5. I guess they may have their own problems at the "equator" though, such as cockroaches, predators and what have you. Plus, 70 F is the only "cold" they know, so I can't get mad at them. After all, it's all they know, so I completely understand. Everyone has their own "baseline," so to speak.

6. jack barnard

jack barnard Fapstronaut

Simple answer is people don't know what they've got until it's gone, soon as something is taken away people then realise that they had it so good and didn't realise!

jest and Matrix Intel like this.
  7. "They" and "us". The couples and the singles. If you like to consider it like this.
    Being in a relationship doesn't stop being an individual who is going its own way. The tracks of life may run parallel for some time but they never will merge. We always are singles in this life.

I agree, true happiness always is coming from inside. And a person who did not learn being happy alone never will become happy in a relationship for long time. Just to be in a relationship doesn't mean you are fortunate, not at all. When you are full of appreciation and gratitude for being alive, just for being alive, you are fortunate and blessed.

jest, Matrix Intel and Napalm like this.
  8. The first part minus well have been chinese to me. Can you please elaborate?

9. jest

jest Fapstronaut

I believe he means that we are individuals, we are born alone and we also die alone, not to sound grim. Everyone has a path and will follow it regardless of who they are with, even if you're married, with children and your wife works in the same place as you, would you say you're both living the same life? No, you're still individuals who happen to have their own lives running parallel to each other. Everyone sees life differently.

Matrix Intel and Marcel0404 like this.
  10. Jest, you understood it very well. Thanks.

Matrix Intel and jest like this.
  11. I know the feeling. Let me say you are powerless in this: People WILL be disrespectful and arrogant for no reason. They won't care how bad you have it. That's because being a decent human being is difficult; it's way easier to take out your frustration on whoever you have around. Being a good person is challenging. Try to be as much of a decent human being as possible, so that for the most part people's hate will bounce off you. That's all you can do.

jest likes this.
  12. It's one of life's great truths I've encountered on my journey through life, and one which ultimately brought me to God:

Me:
    Infinite capacity for knowledge.
    Infinite capacity for happiness.

Every Created Thing Around Me:
    Finite.
    A lot of us go through life thinking - "If only I was in a relationship. If only I was rich. If only I had that surgery. If only I obtained this or that material possession...then I would be happy!" Yet what ends up happening is we become frustrated when we obtain these things and there still remains a void. A longing. A desire to be whole.

Last edited by a moderator: May 15, 2017
  13. I think that's the part that drives them nuts. It's that their hate and frustration bounces off of me because I have this shield, especially taking on this journey. My family and friends are unconformatble with the new me, no doubt about it. I think they sense something is different with me, very different in the past 100 or so days, and it's driving them nuts. You have an excellent point there.

14. Mr.No

Mr.No Fapstronaut

Dude relax. Stop thinking why peobple are so unhappy. They have their reasons. Either good or bad ones. Maybe something from the past is haunting them.

I think that you are overanalyzing the behaviours of of the people around you and you are overthinking it.

Just do something that is fun for you or something thst helps you deal better with the stress. Go for run. That helps me and it may noot cause better mood but it helps me to be more coherent.

As i sad you have made past 150 days of NoFap. Cheers. Great inspiration for me.

Apology accepted.

15. Mr.No

Mr.No Fapstronaut

Sry for bad english.

16. Seems like the problem is you're being disrespected by people. That's it. Disrespect them back in whichever way you choose.

17. I Free I

I Free I Guest

" The only expectations you should live up to are the ones you expect of yourself . "