1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Struggling to forgive my mom

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by NF SINCE BIRTH, Mar 5, 2020.

1. I frequently feel angry and frustrated because my mom stole a huge shoe box of prescription pills from me about a year ago. Whenever I ask about them she just tells me that I wont ever find them. I was never addicted. All the pills was painkillers, stuff like valium, Sobril and some sleeping pills. Not sure how many it was. 500 pills in total maybe. I never bothered to hide them from my mother. I was open about how much I used them and mom told me that she trusted me having those pills.

I mostly used them against extreme pain. The reason I ended up with so many of them was that I didn't use all of the pills I was prescribed. I was hoarding them in a way. One day however right after I got hospitalised to threat my psychosis she took all of it.

I mean, they got quite a bit of street value. Not that I was planning on selling them but I was quite angry. I trusted her and she backstabbed me. If I was even a little unsure about her I would obviously have hidden them.

I have some debt to her but I am considering not paying a penny until she returns it. It was my property so she has to give it back.

With that said I shouldn't be so mad. It is just how I feel. It is not like I need those pills for any reason right now. It is just that whole process of earning my trust and breaking it the way she did. She was obviously concerned. I had 2 suicide attempts in the past and was going into an institution for 8 months. I had one more suicide attempt there. On pills again. Not really a full hearted attempt. I was just super frustrated and wanted to show everyone that it wont help taking them away. I can always go and get cyanide or whatever.

The post wasn't going to be about that really. I am just mad at my mom for trying to control me. She cant. I understand she are worried but if I really wanted to end it I would just use a knife. Stealing my medicines only ruined my trust in her. Now I am hiding everything and I dont even talk to her about a lot of things which I did before. I thread carefully.

2. Trying to do Loving kindness meditation regularly btw. It helps some but with my mom it is very hard. That backstabbing hurts just as bad as it did a year ago.

Nicko Stretch likes this.
  3. Fapstronaut 9

Fapstronaut 9 Fapstronaut

Maybe she just cares for you and don't want something bad to happen to you
    You're a fighter buddy..don't quit..life might be tough..but you're tougher.. Don't quit man..
    Maybe try to put yourself in your mother shoes and understand her completely..maybe then u can understand and forgive

NF SINCE BIRTH and Coffee Candy like this.
  4. IGY

IGY Fapstronaut
    NoFap Defender

The two drugs you mention are not pain killers, they are tranquilisers.

It is a standard way to manage suicidal thoughts - remove any potential risks to life such as access to an overdose. I can relate to how you feel, but I expect your mum had your best interests at heart and still does. :) Talk to her, don't argue.

NF SINCE BIRTH and A41:14A like this.
  5. @IGY yea I know :) I put the comma in there after I said painkillers. I had Tramadol, Paralgin forte, Nobligan and even a few oxynorm as painkillers as well as the other medicines. I just always feel that she is being over protective and in an ironical way that lack of trust ended up in my last overdose. I am angry at my mom for a lot of things, not only that she confiscated my medicines. Most of it is irrational and I dont even know why I am mad sometimes.

6. Neurostudent

Neurostudent Fapstronaut

I would recommend doing a meditation where you imagine yourself in her shoes. Really imagine yourself as her. Start from the very earliest thing you she's experienced, and then work your way forward in time all the way up to your birth. Really feel what she must have felt during your birthing. Continue moving forward and start looking at your own life, but through her eyes. Feel her love for you. This may be an extremely intense emotional experience. Whatever comes up, know that this is exactly what you are supposed to be feeling and do not fight it, do not run away from it. Bathe in the beauty of whatever emotions this triggers within you. And if nothing happens at all, then that's totally fine to. That just means nothing was meant to happen. Do this meditation every once in a while, it'll help you develop an understanding of why she would do this. This isn't about justifying her behaviour, but about understanding.

Much love to you my friend, I sincerely wish you the best.

7. DerSchütze

DerSchütze Fapstronaut

Break her kneecaps for touching your merchandise.

lolos likes this.
  8. Mistersofty

Mistersofty Fapstronaut

I’m with mom on this one. I would’ve taken the pills away too. No one who is mentally unstable should have access to a shoebox full of potentially dangerous prescription drugs. The issue is not trust here. The issue is your safety.