Struggling with discipline

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by Usernameallowed, May 7, 2021.

1. Usernameallowed

Usernameallowed Fapstronaut

Discipline to lose weight start intermittent fasting go longer than 5 days NoFap

Get in more exercise ..

Ultimately I never go anywhere out anymore lost contact with group of friends over the years ....

Don't get me wrong I'm focused busy and productive ..... But the lack there of in my life .... I don't know it's easy to fuck it off ... Especially out of boredom

Motivated all day or for a week or so but the evenings always kill it out of boredom

Dieting exercise and nofap with at least 8 hours I'm the evenings shits just not possible long-term

2. Believe it or not it can just start by reducing your eating window 1 hour. I did this and then when it felt comfortable, shorten the eating window one more hour. When I did this I didn't think I'd be at 8-9 hours, and I was trying NoFap off and on probably because it's been a long time. I don't think you can really go from eating throughout 12 hours to 8 all of the sudden without getting hungry, but I don't feel hungry at night anymore. I didn't even have a plan but just figured on gradual, and it turned out it worked.

Or maybe a good way of saying it is the transition has to take a long time, which it did. Like do the 1 hours less for 6 months, or even 1/2 hr.

Last edited: May 20, 2021
  3. Julian Baker

Julian Baker Distinguished Fapstronaut
    NoFap Defender

A big problem with being socially cut off is that life can become very repetitive and that's one of the biggest causes of boredom, and one that I face myself. I try and combat it by being more flexible with morning, day and evening routines.

Try shifting your mindset to focus on: "How can I lose weight enjoyably?". Maybe gamify your weight loss by paying yourself for each calorie you burn. Join, or create a whatsapp/telegram exercise support group. I'm in one, but don't know how to link you to it, but will get back to you on that, if you want. Another thing I try to do is tell myself to "just fucking do it!". You'd might as well be bored with something that will stimulate you, than being bored doing nothing!