1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Struggling with eating well

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by Out of the mess, Mar 11, 2020.

1. So I've been without P for 23 days now. For the past 6 months prior to me getting back on NoFap, I started eating well and exercising, lost 15 inches. I was drinking over 100 oz of water a day, cut out carbs almost entirely, and felt great. Then I started back on NoFap, got into a long distance relationship, ended the relationship, and now I've been back to eating not the best. Like not even really caring about it.

I feel like it's so. Damn. Hard to keep everything up. I work full time, go to school in the evenings, have to have clean laundry every now and then and THEN live a healthy lifestyle. I've already struggled with food and exercise my whole life, so it feels like yet another struggle to get through.

Anyone have any success with this? Would love some encouragement

2. T-1000

T-1000 Fapstronaut

The key is finding something you can stick to, there's a lot of misinformation and cult like behaviour when it comes to food so it's becoming hard to know which direction to take, you can't go wrong avoiding things like sugar, refined carbohydrates, processed meats...try to limit dairy and carbohydrate consumption, stick to whole foods as much as possible and try to vegetarian dishes now and then.

Out of the mess likes this.
  3. Make sure you're getting healthy food that you like. I don't think there's too much wrong with carbs, as long as you get them from healthy sources as they tend to be more filling.

4. Wilde°

Wilde° Fapstronaut

To be honest, I was sticking to an healthy strict diet. And still do. I did go long term without any processed sugars. Bu it can get to a point that you freak out and start binging. And then go excessive which is a bad idea, like a cheat day. A cheat meal is a better idea, or eating in moderation. I'll suggest you to try and find alternatives for what you like, with healthy sugars from fruits. I have made for example some sort of dessert made with dates. Or banana ice cream. You can really eat healthy and get to a point where you really don't feel like eating processed food. But sometimes if you feel like rarely eating junks, go for eat. Moderation is the key. I'm not working, and busy like you but people advised me about it alot, and I struggled. If you don't have much time find one time to make pre made meals and put them on boxes and refrigerate or something. .