Subliminal Messages

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by GhostRider@11, Sep 17, 2020.

1. GhostRider@11

GhostRider@11 Fapstronaut

Most of the subliminal messages in ads, logos etc are related to sex, and it works because we humans tend to feel more attracted towards arousing things(because humans on a deep level want to reproduce), they hide arousing things in their commercial so that we feel more attracted towards that product, but what if we used this method to hide messages like "do workout" will it still work, I mean why will my brain get attracted to anything after reading this message. This message will not activate any significant emotion towards that product.
    And if in any product they hide the message of PMO, that doesn't mean we feel like doing PMO, instead we unconsciously feel more attracted towards that product because it activates our arousal part of brain unconsciously. In similar way if I encode a productive subliminal message in any picture or audio, it doesn't makes sense why after seeing it or listening it - will I ever start feeling like doing that productive thing.

So my question is, do productive subliminal messages really work? or it is just a myth?

2. alphakadabro

alphakadabro Fapstronaut

Yes. You could also make propaganda with subliminal messaging for positive things, like: work-out, have good character, be virtuous, be a good father and husband, vote, participate in your community, educate yourself, etc.

But in a capitalist economy human values are only important insofar as they are profitable. So like you said, sex is the most significant message because its highly arousing (also violence) and manipulates people more easily.

GhostRider@11 and The Passenger like this.