1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Taking a break...

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by Headspace, Apr 30, 2016.

1. Headspace

Headspace Fapstronaut

Hey guys, I'm taking a break from NoFap. I just relapsed again after 8 days. It was silly and unnecessary. This page is great. It made me go hard mode for 8 months at my first try. But in the last one and a half months I had like 15 relapses and I feel that at the moment NoFap is just putting me under pressure by reminding me of what I am capable to do and what I should be doing, kind of... It is like a voice in my head when all I actually crave is silence. Moreover, I am hardly learning anything new anymore. I am also visiting this site when I don't need to. It has become a habit. It might look paradox to you. But while I've kept relapsing, my addiction has gotten a lot better compared to my situation last year. Relapses happen spontaneously and unplanned. That is, I am not thinking about sex that much and I am using most of my time to work on my goals and personal growth. My overall personality did improve, too. I am not as escapistic anymore. I embrace life, and apart from the occasional relapses my lifestyle has become healthier. Going for a herbal tea and a lengthy weekend meditation right now. Next weekend I will attend a synchronization workshop led by Teal Swan. See you!

@SnL, you said I shouldn't underestimate the good I am doing here, but I think the best good you can do is the one you do in real life! This site makes me feel strained. It's noone's fault. The community is great, so is the website. It's only me, really. By visiting this site, I am creating connection when I don't need it. I am already digitally connected enough in the world I live in. May be I will return when I freed myself entirely, who knows. Thanks a lot for your support. I think you're very capable of seeing the individual strengths and weaknesses in people and giving the individual advice they need!

@thereisjon, you can still message me of course! It's good to have someone to talk to sometimes. See you!

2. IGY

IGY Guest

Thank you @Headspace, I appreciate your encouraging words and I respect your decision to do what is right for you. I feel sure that you will continue in your self-development in many areas of your life and I wish you well for the future buddy. :)

Headspace likes this.