1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

The Gratitude Quest: Forging Beyond the Entitled Hills of Ego

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by plant goodness, Jul 19, 2017.

Tags:
  1. plant goodness

plant goodness Fapstronaut

Gratefulness is something one must become. I find that the challenge nearby I am participating in is not enough for a stubborn ego to become sustainably grateful and so I now journey on this quest to find a state of perpetual gratitude even when life throws stones at your face.

The Grateful Glory of Abundance is the holy grail of this quest. Abundance in terms of inner riches. The outer naturally is provided without seeking I have come to see through observing grateful people and reading about how this all works.

A41:14A likes this.
  2. plant goodness

Any journeyers who seek gratitude that doesn't fade please join if you seek The Glory.

I may not update this thread daily. Consider it open to discuss anything about gratitude. This is a long quest so there is no rush.

3. plant goodness

When before the beauty of a sunset or a mountain, you pause and exclaim, “Ah,” you are participating in divinity.

~ ANCIENT HINDU TEXT

And so it is on a dark stormy road that I now set forth. I will be in here regularly to keep gratefulness on the mind in one form or another. I may discuss happenings on the road but 'tis a long, steep trail over the stubborn, prideful, & arrogant entitled hills.

Last edited: Jul 19, 2017
  4. plant goodness

Btw that dark & stormy road remark was quite literal. Well it is looking darker by the minute I'm sure I'll survive to post again.

5. plant goodness

So it turns out the dark storm never came. It wasn't nearly as dark outside as what my mind was conjuring up while looking out the window. The sun actually came out.

But boy was my ego roaring at me on the road. Mind was wandering left and right, even playing a mantra in the earbuds was not quelling the lack of gratitude that was surfacing on my trip. It almost was like pure ambition and drive to achieve were driving me into a state of ingratitude.

This quest is going to require constant awareness and vigilance in the right direction, especially with thoughts.

I will try something else before it is time to hit the road again (the ego often roars on the road for me in an unproductive manner that kills gratitude) perhaps a talk meant to disturb its wandering by someone without an ego.

I had to stop listening to a podcast that was fueling my ego. Ambition leads me to relapse lol that makes no sense but the pattern is so obvious now.

6. plant goodness

The ego was giving me a hard time earlier this evening and of course it was centered around an unjust sense of entitlement (I wonder where that's from? Wait no I know.).

It's strange. Certain areas make it speak louder. Areas of where I hail from. It all revolves around feeling entitled, which the ego thrives on. The ego wants what it wants how it wants when it wants and does not want to admit its own shortcomings.

Well I am grateful I caught it and reprimanded myself before meditation. Not in a harsh manner, I just chose to turn my attitude back around to gratitude.

You know HALT comes in handy. Hungry, angry, lonely, and tired. Certainly were the causes for this surfacing today.

The quest continues.

importance-of-appreciation-quotes-52-amazing-appreciation-thank-you-quotes-with-photos.jpg

Fugh I totally should have gotten his style of glasses when I picked up some new pairs the other day.

7. plant goodness

"Gratitude is the passport to the joyous life."

58fa420268be3a8fb8a34fbe815cc7ea--grateful-heart-be-thankful.jpg

The quest continues. The road is long and I may not complete the journey here as the hills are more like mountains and require a guide to make it over them safely.

8. plant goodness

Fare thee well friends, the gratitude quest continues at www.gratefulness.org

The road diverges and I will no longer be updating quest progress in this thread.

9. plant goodness

10. Thank you for writing this! All of this is very true. As humans, it is natural for our ego to be a thing, yet we have to look at how and why we have come as far as we have.
    -Much love brother