1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

The Manchester Suicide Bomber - Salman Abedi

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by Deleted Account, May 23, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I'll remind all participants of this discussion to be respectful of one another's beliefs. Healthy debate is OK, personal attacks are NOT.

2. Exactly, peace!

3. Themadfapper

Themadfapper Fapstronaut

4. This guy was known to British services, he travelled from Libya a few months ago, surely the British services should have known about this guy! anyone who is known to police services who travels from LIBYA (one of the least stable nations on earth) should be seen as a little bit suspicious. It just frustrates me how stupid politicians are.

5. I respect your opinion but this attack was done in the name of Islam. He was an Islamist. I know many Muslims and most of them are lovely great people, but the Quran does feature murderous and violent passages. The terrorists claim that they perform the attacks to avenge people killed by British and American soldiers (even though we target people that threaten world peace, not innocent young girls) and so this is accepted in the Quran, although only a minority perform these dreadful events.

6. He returned from Libya (via Istanbul and Dusseldorf) just 3/4 days before the attack. But he has been back and forth to Libya several times over the last few years. The British security services did know about this guy. He was reported to them five times. But they made the judgement that he was a person if interest but didn't pose an imminent threat. :eek:

It is not so much that politicians are stupid. But the intelligence services do not have sufficient resources to run 24 hour surveillance 7 days a week on over 3,000 persons of interest. The have foiled 18 terrorist attacks in the last 3 years! :eek:

Last edited by a moderator: May 29, 2017
  7. There are many murderous and violent passages in the bible, but that does not mean that the cruel inquisitions and the crusades were an expression of true Christianity. These people are extremists and do not represent Muslims as a whole.

Fap_Doc likes this.
  8. Themadfapper

Themadfapper Fapstronaut

[​IMG]

The old human shield trick.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

America isn't just threatening world peace they have put an end to it. The majority of people killed are children! They die of starvation, and disease. When America/ The West destroyed the sewage system in Iraq and prevented any medication from being imported into the nation it was mostly the children who died of disease.

Sexual immorality isn't the only wickedness that comes out of the western world. Evil is its own reward and we in the west are the biggest fools of all.

Last edited: May 27, 2017
  9. I stand corrected. I think that the politicians are responsible for the policies that the intelligent services follow. Sure they have foiled many attacks, but why was a guy travelling from Libya not seen as suspicious. Surely someone knew that he was a) on a watchlist and b) travelled from Libya.

10. I am against the western involvement in Syria and the involvement in Iraq a few years ago, but when we're targeting ISIS, these people threaten peace not just in the west but also in the east. Some innocent people are killed in the process but this means less deaths in the west and eventually less deaths in the east as well.

11. You're correct, there are violent passages in the bible, but Christian terrorism had never been a serious issue (the IRA fought in the name of republicanism more than Christianity).

12. Themadfapper

Themadfapper Fapstronaut

Before it was the Taliban, Al Qauda, now ISIS. It's a bunch of bullshit, and no the death toll amongst these people will never reach what it has with USA "intervention" if left to their own devices even over a thousand years.

Were the Nazi helping the Jews in WW2? What kind of bullshit is this? People and everything are so full of shit now I wonder if the levels of bullshit can go even higher?

13. I agree about the 'troubles' in Northern Ireland. That is why I cited the Catholic inquisitions and the Christian crusades where the torture etc was carried out in the name of and to further so-called Christianity.

14. Yes, I agree. And not only the policies but they determine the resources at their disposal - which are clearly inadequate. :oops: In regard to Salman Abedi, of course, it is natural that he would make trips to see his family in Libya. But to overlook the threat he posed is a question that will have to be addressed. Especially so, when real followers of Islam in Manchester, had identified him to the authorities as a threat. Nevertheless, I am sure we are all grateful that we (in the UK) have only had a handful of terrorist attacks in the last few years and not the 20+ that were planned!

Al123 likes this.
  15. I'm a British citizen in the north of England and I live in a town that has a lot of Muslims in and I've heard that there are soldiers protrolling the streets but I'm about to go into town later today so I'll let Y'all know what it's like but this is scary stuff.

16. Learn some history or leave it to other people.

17. Very true, and also compared to the rest of Europe we're a lot better in the prevention.

18. Themadfapper

Themadfapper Fapstronaut

You're a historian, huh? Your fabricated white nationalist or formerly white nationalist take on history is the history we all must know in order to have an opinion? Too lazy to come up with an argument so you pretend to be in the know with some vague bullshit response.

Which brings up the question of leave what to other people? Do you think you are doing something of consequence posting on a forum, or you think you think only people who agree with you are allowed to have an opinion? I'm curious what you mean by this statement? Do you have a totalitarian outlook and believe there should be no other opinions than your own?

19. Now you're just defending the terrorists.

20. Haha, accusing me of white nationalism out of nowhere. Talk about ad hominem.

Look, I'm not defending the "war on terror", which has probably killed between two and four million people, not thirty million as you say.

http://www.mintpressnews.com/do-the...-has-killed-4-million-muslims-or-more/208225/

Before I go on, it's problematic using terms like "Muslim" and "Christian" and so on for many obvious reasons such as differences between sects, people who aren't practising Muslims or Christians but are nonetheless influenced by the culture etc.

I'm not defending Christian and / or European history. Look at the horrendous destruction of Native Americans in North and South America for example. Incidentally, where are the Native American terrorists? Hmm.

I'm not anti-Muslim, but Muslims, like Europeans / Christians have a long history of imperialism. Here's a book about it:

https://www.amazon.com/Islamic-Imperialism-History-Efraim-Karsh/dp/0300106033

I may not be a historian but I have a relatively good knowledge of history and I did read a book about the history of the middle east (not the one above).

How about a list of Muslim empires:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Muslim_empires_and_dynasties

Basically I have a problem with anyone who says that their "people" are totally innocent and everyone else is to blame.

How about the Yazidis, who are being massacred, enslaved and so on by Daesh / Isis / Whatever? What's their crime?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Genocide_of_Yazidis_by_ISIL

Anyway, I've wasted enough time on you.

Last edited by a moderator: May 29, 2017
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.