1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

The one that got away

Discussion in 'Loneliness' started by THEBEATPOLICE, Jan 29, 2018.

1. THEBEATPOLICE

THEBEATPOLICE Fapstronaut

I am just so depressed. I was with my ex for 7 years, she dumped me last year.

Just found out today she is engaged... ... met a guy and got engaged after we were broke up for 6 months.... guy is far more successful than I am

i hate life right now

2. Abird

Abird Fapstronaut

You shouldn't! Don't compare yourself to the other guy, it is unfair and stupid.
    Tell me did your ex gave you a reason why she left you after 7 years?
    Do you date other girls?

THEBEATPOLICE likes this.
  3. Sounds like he’s Rebound Guy. Unless you have a Tardis, you can’t change the past. Take fifteen more minutes (set a timer, seriously) for the Pity Party and then do something else. Go walking, go the park. Go to the library. Anywhere but online and at home.

Go.

4. Who cares about other people's successes? Don't put yourself up against them because it's impossible to rate someone's current position in life when they might have had a very different up bringing.

Just focus on bettering yourself :emoji_ok_woman: (this emoji looked calm).

5. THEBEATPOLICE

Comparing myself to the other guy because she left me from my LACK OF DRIVE.

I came from a wonderful upbringing and have SQUANDERED my resources and wasted my time.

Its my fault for the breakup, I don't blame her, I would have broke up with me too.

I just don't know how to get my spoiled self off my lazy ass and get motivated.

6. eite_toitw

eite_toitw New Fapstronaut

I know it must be difficult for you and I am sorry for how things ended. But you are still alive and have time. All those moments that you think you've wasted do not exist anymore and do not determine what you can change yourself into. Start taking action and investing in yourself and those regrets will soon be replaced by your tiny efforts that accumulate into a snowball rolling down a hill with unbeatable momentum.

7. THEBEATPOLICE

thanks man thats the most awesome thing ive read since this occured

eite_toitw likes this.
  8. Uncultivated

Uncultivated Fapstronaut

Fuck that ho, focus on u. All the love she gave u lives in ur own heart forever, take that shit and run, take that shit and use it as medicine on your own wounds, love urself more than she ever loved u, cuz u deserve it, cuz ur awesome, the type of guu who is destined to get a far better girl if he ever truly leaves himself open to that possibility by sincerely knowing that he is OVER his ex. Cuz ur okay without her papa, I promise. Ur good without her. And the secret is ... Ur better without her.

9. elevate

elevate Fapstronaut

This is how it is now. Not how it's supposed to be. This is how it really is.

She wasn't supposed to leave you. She wasn't supposed to get engaged with a guy that is more successful. You're not supposed to have SQUANDERED your resources and wasted your time. You're not supposed to lack drive. None of these things are true. None of these things are how it really is right now. She did leave you. She did get engaged with a more successful guy. You did squander your resources and wasted your time. You do lack drive. These are true because these things happened. This is how it is now. Accept it.

What will you do with your life now? The past is gone. The past is just "so what?" It's only a problem because you're resisting how things really are. You're holding on to how it's supposed to be. Accept how it really is now and start a new life. The past will never be again. You can choose to hold on to that identity or you can let it go and create something new.

10. THEBEATPOLICE

thank you so much all of you

11. Sorry for your loss buddy!
    Don't compare your life with others, you have your own life, your own goals, your own aims, just work on them and be proud of yourself.
    One thing I wonder about, she left you after 7 years, and got engaged with someone after 6 months only ? That was really fast....

Also watch this, it might help you :

12. Lonewolfpt

Lonewolfpt Fapstronaut

Hey man.

My first of 5 Years dumped me too in the beginning of the year, just to imagine her with someone else tottaly breaks me.

Anyway, we shall smile some day :)

13. lamstronger

lamstronger Fapstronaut

That sucks man, but eventually it will pass

14. You would not be human if you didn't feel something ,It will pass anyone who dates knows how it is it sucks its hard to listen to advice from others when you get dumped but it will go away it just takes time .
    stay strong

15. I've got a really bad case of this, too.

In AA, it was said: "We can't think our way to right acting. We must act our way to right thinking."

So I know that means "Do SOMETHING whether I feel like it or not. It will feel good later."

But meh.

16. THEBEATPOLICE

Exactly man it's like I just think about getting some shit done and then I tell myself that's as good as doing it or something

Immature likes this.