1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

The Trap

Discussion in 'Success Stories' started by Myfortress, Dec 4, 2020.

1. I am sharing this story from my experience in hopes that it may help others. It is religious in nature because my faith is my motivation and source of strength but the principle applies to anyone struggling from PMO.

PMO Pure idol worship.
    This is part of my testimony. This was my turning point, over three years ago.
    I realize now that I was engaged in pure idol worship when I turned on P. I never called it out as such until the time I remember thinking that I did not regret the PMO. There was this particularly attractive woman and the experience was exhilarating and at that moment it hit home. I was worshiping this more than God. Most people hit a bottom and that is what brings them to the realization that they need help. This is a situation where I was not at a bottom, at that moment, I was thrilled and ecstatic. I started thinking, if I could duplicate this experience over and over, I would never stop. Every other time I was disappointed and ashamed but this time I was not. That scared me. The truth is the experience is not always like that. This incident was a trick to get me back into the regular habit. It had probably been at least a month or maybe close to two months since the last time. So naturally it felt great. Don't fall for this trick. The longer you stay on your reset the better the relapse will seem. Do not fall for it.

Trickyrx, derElmo, Roady and 3 others like this.
  2. TB4

TB4 Fapstronaut

I don't wanna be religious,but in islam idol worshipping is a big, extremely big taboo and I've never really looked at it that way,and thanks to you i may be one step closer to our common goal,thanks a lot

Trickyrx likes this.