1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

There is no substitute for taking action

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by oneaffidavit, Mar 29, 2020.

1. oneaffidavit

oneaffidavit Fapstronaut

After consuming self-help content for almost 6 years, what I realized is that there is simply no substitute for taking action.

Meditating, exercise, gratitude, journaling etc. You name it. All this stuff is just bells and whistles. The ultimate core of self-improvement is taking action. Taking action to reach your goals in order to make your life more meaningful.

Honestly, I find stuff like meditating, exercise, gratitude, journaling are just a big distraction. I feel that stuff like this are side missions and the main game would be our goals.

The reason for reaching this conclusion is that many people substitute these things (meditating, exercise, gratitude, journaling etc.) for main actions towards main goals. These activities should only aid you in your ultimate goals but they cannot substitute themselves!

Deleted Account and Raven King like this.
  2. Raven King

Raven King Fapstronaut

Well put. I agree with your sentiment. Just like NoFap, it's a tool to help you with a problem, it's not the end goal itself. Reaching 90 days of NoFap should not be our end goal, but NoFap can help us reach our main goals in life, in our careers, personal life, etc.

3. Totally agree. Sometimes, you get overwhelmed when you consume so much self help content because you don't know where to begin with all the advice that you've stored inside. Also, you sometimes delude yourself into thinking that you've done something that will take you towards your goal, when in fact, you're stuck in the same spot because you've taken no action.