1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Thoughts about El Salvador making Bitcoin the national currency?

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by Happy Gnome, Jun 21, 2021.

1. CarP likes this.
  2. D_rax

D_rax Distinguished Fapstronaut

With the exorbitant fees, I'm surprised they chose Bitcoin instead of some other cryptocurrency. Not sure if I expect disaster, but I can't say I expect mad success either.

CarP likes this.
  3. this sounds
    1. bad
    2. not good
    but it's worth trying and it's not like anyone here can stop it, what do we know it might actuallly somehow work

4. Yeah I feel with the volatility of the crypto market the fluctuating prices will make it unusable for a normal merchant. I mean the whole point of having a national currency is to make sure that it's value pretty much stays the same. I heard though that they will still accept payment in the previous currencies, USD, and they set up a fund to help merchants with the transition. Also, if you invest 3 bitcoins into El Salvador, you can get permanent residency.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 21, 2021
    CarP likes this.
  5. ElSabio

ElSabio Fapstronaut

Nothing good about cashless and 100% traceable transactions for regular citizens.

CarP likes this.
  6. Bitcoin just feels like a scam to me , I get the feeling i am going to turn on the tv and see the FBI raiding there headquaters and it being delisted from the market. Gold Silver are better standards for the markets

7. I just dont get crypto curencey it just seems like a scam kind of like the people at the top get all the money and the rest are left holding the bag

8. AtomicTango

AtomicTango Fapstronaut

So I'm not even allowed to ask a simple question to another user regarding a book he mentioned, even if the book is relevant to the topic? I'm sorry, what?