1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Thread Removed?

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by TotalLifeChange, May 4, 2015.

1. TotalLifeChange

TotalLifeChange Fapstronaut

Has the "How to Get a Girlfriend" thread been removed?

2. Immor

Immor Fapstronaut

Yes, can't find it and it used to be at the top ...

We will have to talk about censorship when @alexander is back.

3. TotalLifeChange

Thanks for the feedback. I agree, not cool.

I understand is a sensitive topic but just by reading the most responses one could see it was very helpful and well-received.

4. NoBrainer

NoBrainer Distinguished Fapstronaut

Hi TotalLifeChange

Yes, I made the decision to remove the thread on the basis that you were promoting your website. As the nofap rules state, "Advertising and self-promotion is not permitted. NoFap is not the place for you to promote your products, article, blog, ebook, video, mailing list, website, etc". Additionally, there were some triggering images on your site.

Although your intentions may be well-meaning, there were mixed views on your portrayal of dating advice. Feel free to give advice to people on the nofap forum, however please do so without self promotion or advertising.

Cheers
    NoBrainer

5. Immor

Immor Fapstronaut

Alright, that is true. The advertising was slightly annoying me too. I didn't complain because it was balanced by good advice.

How about, instead of deleting threads and making participants wonder what is going on, lock them and add a comment why you did so. Then the posts are not lost to those who still want the information - quite possibly the authors who want to reuse it at another place.

6. TotalLifeChange

Ok thanks for the response. I understand your point so I won't refute it. Anyway it would have been nice to give me a warning so I could remove the links or something like that. Just my opinion because the thread was on for a few months, so this caught me off-guard.

7. next1

next1 Guest

the internet is so full of people promoting their e-books or trying to generate clicks... I was sad to find it here aswell.

thanks admin.

8. TotalLifeChange

what makes me sad is that you think that way

9. Verhart

Verhart Fapstronaut

Well, what makes me sad is your attitiude. If he promoted his site by giving quality advice and thoughtfully anwsering questions, where is your problem? I, for example, really appreciated his help and found his site more than interesting. I can already see that his advice improved my life and opened my eyes a little for what women are really attracted to. Personally, that way of advertising seems absolutely fair for me.

TotalLifeChange likes this.