1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

To kneel or stand? What's your opinon with the national anthem protests in America?

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by Lazarus Shuttlesworth, Sep 25, 2017.

1. A small percentage of cops shoot people when it is "unnecessary". I'm the last person to be talking about following cops rules bc I've broken a plethora of laws. Cops are people doing the most underappreciated job in the US. Cops have guns. Everytime I've been detained by the police, I follow their orders. I do this, obviously, bc I don't want to get shot and I've been detained a good amount of times, sadly.

I used to hate cops bc I hate laws, but that's not right. I learned I actually hate the legislative branch/congress. We need less laws.

Don't pretend like you are fearing for your life when a cop walks into a room.

Deleted Account likes this.
  2. One more thing: I was watching cops and a black cop was arresting a black man. And this man literally said, "you stopped me bc I'm black" I was dead

3. No but I fear for my life when I have to talk to one for whatever reason. Getting pulled over for a light that's out on your car could very well end with you dying in a hail of gunfire. I don't trust the police, I consider them a greater threat than most actual criminals.

4. Really? I truly think cops are good people, some are corrupt however. This isnt that shocking especially w our gov being corrupt lol This is why I hate media. A large portion of people, including yourself, believe whatever is fed to you if it's cnn. Everybody walking around thinking cops are racist, bloodthirsty hooligans. You're white so idk what you're on tbh.

Racism is existent and shouldn't be underplayed. All I'm saying is the media exaggerates SOME of the videos. Some are really sad and appears that the cop uses excessive force. I saw one last year plastered everywhere on media and if people actually watched the video, you would see the cop had absolutely zero intention of killing this man. Some of the gun victims do things that are obviously going to get them shot. Some, it's just a misunderstanding and really sad for both sides. These examples are last year I believe

5. @CK89 if that came off as aggressive, that was not my intention. I just watched one video in particular that made me hot.

6. I'm not going to respond to this. I was going to but everything I came up with is extremely hateful so forget it.

7. I'm kind of in the middle on this issue. There are definitely plenty of instances of cops being too trigger happy, and there are definitely times when race seems to play a role in that.

However, there are also plenty of news stories out there about this that, when you watch the actual video footage of the event, you're like, "seriously, guys?" Because in many of these videos, the person (white or black, doesn't matter) is blatantly disobeying the rules the officer is setting forth. I remember one in which a man was reaching into his glove box to show the cop some sort of documentation, after telling the officer that he has a gun but that he has a license to carry it, and the officer repeatedly told him do NOT reach for your glove box, stay right where you are. He did it anyway. So... you can say that perhaps the cop shouldn't have shot him at that point, but you have to acknowledge the fact that the person blatantly disobeyed a direct order in that situation.

So yeah, sometimes it's legit police brutality and racism, and sometimes it's a dumb person doing a dumb thing that got them killed.

8. I seldom watch the news and I do not read a newspaper. But I am aware that several white police officers have shot dead black men when they were not even armed.

9. OK, well why are there no instances of black people being shot dead by white police officers in Europe? You cannot deny that there is institutional racism in the US law enforcement agencies.

10. TheLoneDanger

TheLoneDanger Fapstronaut

The Walter Scott case is an example of justice being served. The cop, Michael Slager, is likely spending the next 25 years in prison for that murder. You can never bring Mr. Scott back, but I'd say holding a bad cop accountable is a step in the right direction.
    I wasn't leaving out the race of the cop and the guy on purpose if you're trying to imply something. I figured it was a given since "the title of this thread" as you say. But whatever, man. I'm not here to try and defend these cops that obviously did wrong in so many instances. I was just trying to point out that there are a lot of things that have been spread about this issue that makes it seem like these instances represent a much bigger percentage of law enforcement than they actually do. Police brutality happens, yes. It's unfair, yes. But just know that the fear mongering is ever present in this issue. Like the white guy on this thread who worries for his own safety when sees a cop. That's not logical or rational. That's just paranoia.

Last edited: Sep 28, 2017
  11. Yes! I think I watched the same video I believe if the victim was in the passenger seat. Like when a cop is pointing a gun at you repeatedly screaming to not do something and you continue to. And he tells you multiple times not to do something, then don't do it. Forget that it's a cop, you have a loaded gun pointed at your head. Real sad. But yeah, real bloodthirsty cop on the prowl to shoot people up. If it's the same video, the cop was pretty much crying in the end. But the headline on youtube is racist white pig shoots innocent black male smh..

Deleted Account likes this.
  12. You can most definitely deny something so ludicrous. You're from Britain, have you ever talked to a US cop? Don't make irrational judgments on situations you've never encountered

TheLoneDanger likes this.
  13. I never said I fear for my safety when I see a cop, I fear for my safety when I am forced to interact with a cop.

14. Yeah, the ability to express yourself without having your emotions run wild takes practice.

15. TheLoneDanger

TheLoneDanger Fapstronaut

That's still irrational and illogical. And paranoid.

16. One more thing then I'm done. I'm not saying the system is foolproof. It's really messed up actually. When you're driving down the highway and see the flashing lights behind you almost everybody gets nervous when getting pulled over. That's how you know the system is flawed.

17. So, you do not have any opinions, other than things you have personally "encountered", eh. How interesting, if true! :rolleyes:

18. Yeah, well, I have experienced this scenario and it never crosses my mind that I am at risk from police officers. So, that is the difference with UK cops and USA.

19. So be it.

20. Okay? Well there's things wrong w both america and britain, as w any country. I wouldn't be comparing US to Britain btw LOL