1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Trials and Hope in Jesus

For Fapstronauts who are disciples of Christ

1. Master-Keaton said:
    I began to lose a grip on my worldview
    There is a lot i'd like to say to help you that helped me, but i'm not sure if you would be receptive to it since much of it is my faith in Jesus, who you might not believe in, BUT your situation sounds like you need him more than ever. So I will share what I believe may help you. This world is coming to an end soon. Our lives are nothing but a passing vapor. If you are at the brink of your ability to cope with the world, put your rest in Him.
    Trials can undoubtedly lead into atheism and doubt and feeling of abandonment from God. When your faith is small the devil can rip it out. Don’t let him put you in despair and bitterness towards God. Don’t ever forget the other times God has delivered you because He will do it again.
    • “Trials teach us what we are; they dig up the soil, and let us see what we are made of.” – Charles Spurgeon
    • “Prayer is the best armor against all trials.”
    • “A gem cannot be polished without friction, nor a man perfected without trials.”
    Always remember that He loves you and He reminds us time after time in His Word that He will never forsake us.
    1. Trials help our perseverance.

James 1:12 “God blesses those who patiently endure testing and temptation. Afterward they will receive the crown of life that God has promised to those who love him.”

Galatians 6:9 “Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up.”

Hebrews 10:35-36 “So do not throw away your confidence; it will be richly rewarded. You need to persevere so that when you have done the will of God, you will receive what he has promised.”

2. I don’t know.

Sometimes we have to admit we just don’t know and instead of going crazy and trying to find out why, we must trust in the Lord that He knows best.

Isaiah 55:8-9 “For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways,” declares the Lord. “As the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways and my thoughts than your thoughts.”

Jeremiah 29:11 “For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.”

Proverbs 3:5 -6 “Trust in the LORD with all your heart; do not depend on your own understanding. Seek his will in all you do, and he will show you which path to take.”

3. Sometimes we suffer because of our own mistakes

In my life I’ve suffered because I followed the wrong voice. I did my will instead of God’s will. I can’t blame God for my mistakes, but what I can say is God brought me through it and made me stronger and smarter in the process.

Proverbs 19:2 "A person’s own folly leads to their ruin, yet their heart rages against the LORD.”

Galatians 6:5 “Assume your own responsibility.”

4. Trials Make us Stronger
    You may not realize it now, but this could be a significant turning point in your life! Your words "I'm going to give it everything I got" are more important than you realize. Why else would you "give it everything you got" unless you were burdened with affliction. Rock bottom has been the catalyst that caused me to soar both in nofap and in life. Use these trials for your good. Let them propel you to new heights

Master-Keaton said:
    I think the biggest mistake was treating my relapses like they were nothing. Eventually I associated relapses with nothing negative to it, so why resist when I won't have a guilty conscious? I tell myself that I know what I'm doing is wrong, but at the end of the day you can't fake conviction within yourself. You always know the truth, and what the truth was for me was relapses didn't feel bad to me anymore.
    This is called "searing the conscience". Look it up. The conscience is the God-given moral consciousness within each of us (Romans 2:15). If the conscience is “seared”—literally “cauterized”—then it has been rendered insensitive. Such a conscience does not work properly. The heart of an individual with a seared conscience is desensitized to moral pangs

Peak! and Tao Jones like this.
  2. Vitabella

Vitabella Fapstronaut

Good post.
    Another thing I noticed about trials is that sometimes God also uses them to show us how we've grown. Like...that thing that made me flip out and go into a week long pity party a year ago....I can get through it now. It's like God is saying "I'm proud of you. Look how far you've come." We all need that encouragement sometimes.

Tao Jones likes this.