Username changed by the mod team

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by Username Changed by Mod Team, Mar 8, 2019.

Tags:
  1. Okay so I'm left a bit confused here, obviously there was an issue with my username which was very personal to me and one of the reasons why I started nofap. Now it has been taken away and replaced and it's almost a little embarrassing. I recieved no notice of my username being changed. I logged in today to find that is was changed to what it os now
    If any one is curious this was my name
    .♡◇♧♤.
    Please tell me why my username seemed unfit and had to be changed.

ultrafabber likes this.
  2. ProtagonistOfMyLife

ProtagonistOfMyLife Fapstronaut

It probably had technical reasons. Maybe the system didn't recognize the symbols or was seen as a "blank". Most standard programs on websites only register numerical and alphabetical, normal letters.
    I understand that you are a bit upset, but if it causes problems, you will have to accept it.

3. Hello,

Your name was changed because it included symbols that might interfere with the proper functioning of the site. I am sorry you were not notified about the change. Feel free to change it to a username of your own liking, as long as it contains only standard letters and numbers.

4. "Username Changed by Mod Team" is a legendary nick, keep it

5. brilliantidiot

brilliantidiot Fapstronaut

6. I wish I was that creative for a username

7. Those symbols are shaped too much like tits. Somebody my relapse, like, "oooh yeah, them symbols"

8. IGY

IGY Fapstronaut
    NoFap Defender

It is nice to receive this apology and I am sure it is genuine.

But it is really hard to understand how someone can arbitrarily make a change like that and for it not to occur to the mod that they need to message the individual about it. It seems like a no brainer and just common courtesy. I can understand your confusion and embarrassment @Username Changed by Mod Team.

9. bummer, but seriously, your current username is pretty hilarious, you should keep it

10. Right? That was my thought as well. Seems like common sense to me.

11. The mods would normally give notification. @themammothrept said that something came up that immediately took away his attention and he just completely forgot about it. He does great work here and he apologized, so let's go easy on him ;) We're super overworked. Seriously, we have enough things to do that I could put a team of 20 full-time employees to work easily.

12. IGY

IGY Fapstronaut
    NoFap Defender

As I said, I was certain the apology was genuine and I had no idea he was the member of staff that had made the change. So, I was going easy on him. Thanks for the extra info Alex. I can understand how it happened. All the best to you both. :cool:

kropo82 likes this.
  13. Can I ask you a question?

14. Deadlihood

Deadlihood Fapstronaut

15. he probably left because his username was changed by mod team :c