1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Want to ask her out but the time isn't right. Should I still go for it?

Discussion in 'Dating during a Reboot' started by InvisibleControl, Dec 5, 2020.

1. InvisibleControl

InvisibleControl Fapstronaut

So I like this girl who works one floor above me at the office. I have never been in love so badly. It was only 10 years ago I was so keen on dating someone like her. But her mother is not well and her mental state isn't right at this point.

So should I just go for it or wait for right time to arrive. I do hit on her at times and maybe she does notice it (?). But there is less time as well as she may have to travel back to her hometown to look after her mother.

Need a perspective from you guys. Thanks!

2. p1n1983

p1n1983 Fapstronaut

Take it easy. You don't love her, you have really high attraction to her. Love comes after dating a woman for several months. Woman will run away from you if they figure out you are so in love with them even before the first date. Woman fall in love slowly in time, if you are "in love" since day 1 they are going to feel that they probably loose their freedom with you quickly and they don't like it at all.
    If she likes you, it doesn't going to matter. She is going to be glad to go out with you to have fun and take her head out her mother problems for a few hours. If she is not into you, she is going to use he mother issue to reject you without hurting your feelings.
    Go for it, a man always go after what they want without fear.
    Of course she notice it, woman know when they are been hit by man and also know that if you do it but don't ask her out you are probably affraid of rejection or don't have the balls to do it.
    More reasons to make you move and see what happens.

Go for it, if she say yes. great, go out and have fun with her and see what happens. Don't you dare talking about feelings or relationship with her. Just go out and have fun, if she is into you she will bring it up after a couple of months.
    If she turn you down because of her mother or any other excuse tell her that is ok but let you know if she changes her mind, from that moment stop hitting on her, focus your attention in other woman. Until she brings up going out for a date with you, you are over her. never wait for a woman, she is in or out but the is no "maybe later".

3. InvisibleControl

Thank you for the reply dude! really appreciate it. I am going to ask her if she is single this coming week and than probabaly make the move.

4. Rev2.0

Rev2.0 Fapstronaut

Sounds good, but DON'T ask her if she's single. That's a beta male approach and she could even take it as an insult. If she's taken and wants you to know, she'll let you know by dropping a reference early in the convo to her boyfriend, fiance or husband. If she doesn't say anything like that within the first few minutes, is answering your questions about her and asking ones about you, then you can comfortably proceed on the assumption she's either single, or in a relationship but open to other options (which may include you).

BTW @p1n1983 has a lot of good insights and advice on dealing with women in this thread and others, so listen to him.

Good luck!

5. InvisibleControl

We share tiffin, crack jokes and laugh, spend an hour together everyday during lunch. So we are not complete strangers per say.

6. InvisibleControl

She is not married. Thats for sure. She has never mentioned anything about her boyfriend either. She did ask me where I live and where my house is along with a lot of personal details regarding my studies. I keep hitting on her now and then. Thats about it. Just wanted to clear the air about her relationship status before asking her out.

7. Seems like you've got a pretty good handle on things now. Tell us how it goes?

8. InvisibleControl

Sure dude! I will let you know.

Plays88Keys likes this.
  9. Let the girl get straight first .

10. InvisibleControl

Thats what is the issue. Last she said to me that her mother may pass away any time. So it would be really insensitive to ask her on a date right now.

11. Let her focus on her mother for now. There's no reason to rush things. Her mother clearly isn't going to be in the picture for very long.

12. Rev2.0

Rev2.0 Fapstronaut

Those are very good signs, esp. asking about where you live, etc. I'd say you definitely have her interest. Be careful with the whole mom thing though. If you start investing too much into helping her with that you could get friendzoned. Women are really weird that way... they all say they want a man who really listens and who will support them but if you start acting too feminine in that regard it can turn off their physical/sexual attraction to you. Corey Wayne has a ton of great video clips about this on YouTube. I agree with others here, if she's having a serious family issue this may not be the time to escalate the relationship even though it "seems" she might be extra receptive right now.

13. Rev2.0

Rev2.0 Fapstronaut

One other thing, you say you are co-workers? Be careful there. Back in the day a lot of companies really frowned on that. Many organizations have come into the 21st century on that as long as you both keep it discreet and don't have a superior/subordinate relationship, but now you have the whole thing about sexual harrassment too. If things go sideways and she files a harrassment claim against you then you could be out both the girl and your job. I'm not saying don't keep going, because initial signals seem promising, but do realize that workplace romances come loaded with a whole extra layer of risk and potential drama and that's why some guys just don't even go there.

Last edited: Dec 6, 2020
  14. InvisibleControl

Great insight. I will keep it in mind.