What came first the chicken or the egg?

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by Darkest, Jan 23, 2022.

1. Darkest

Darkest Fapstronaut

What did come first? Let me know below

silex_jedi likes this.
  2. Cirilla

Cirilla Guest

I don't know shit about evolution but I'm pretty sure dinosaurs came before chicken and they came in eggs ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

BootstrapBill likes this.
  3. True One Shot

True One Shot Fapstronaut

I got the answer for this chief
    It's the egg
    Because 2 animals will have bred and cross bred and eventually led to the creation of the chicken

4. I've been setting up an incubator to hatch some chicks. Did you know? . . . that the eggs must be turned at least twice a day, the temperature must be maintained at 99-100 degrees Fahrenheit / 37.5-38 Celsius, if the eggs go much above this, they're dead, and the humidity must be maintained at between 45% and 50% for the first 18 days, then increased to 65% or more for the last three days to soften the membranes inside the shell so that the chicks can emerge--too high a humidity overall, preventing evaporation of moisture out from inside the shell, will mean that the air sac inside is not large enough to provide sufficient air to the chick as it grows, and it will die in the shell. The hen will take care of all of this most faithfully, without interruption from a power outage (the incubator is able to go on a 12VDC backup power if AC power fails).

Folks, it's a fact that if the egg had come first, it would never have hatched.

That should settle the question.

5. 3nigma

3nigma Fapstronaut

If creationism is true, then it was the chicken. Chickens can’t raise themselves. If evolution is true the last almost-chicken at some point must have laid a chicken egg. In that case, it’s the egg.

6. And, quite frankly, it's mathematically impossible for evolution to have been true. Biologists ignore this, but you don't hear of too many physicists speaking in favor of the theory. All one needs to do is to examine the probability of the random mutations to the DNA having succeeded in making a positive change, against the odds of such deleterious effects as would immediately terminate the organism's existence, fertility, or progeny.

To have something as improbable as less than 1 in 1 x 10^50 is universally regarded among scientists as impossible. There are thought to be in the neighborhood of 1 x 10^80 atoms in the entire universe--and the mathematical odds of DNA changes resulting in the evolution of human kind from a single-celled organism are less even than one among all of these.

Don't take it from me. Ask a geneticist who truly understands the odds of favorable mutations and who also understands the math of probabilities.

7. silex_jedi

silex_jedi Fapstronaut

"the answer appears to be both at the same time" - Dr Manhattan (Watchmen HBO, 2019)

Cirilla likes this.
  8. JoeinUSA

JoeinUSA Fapstronaut

Well, if that were true, the particular dinosaur in question would belong to an ancestral family of chicken-hood, as an ancestral parent; thus, the chicken parent preceded the egg, still.

9. Very nearly. Species is a fluid and artificial term used by scientists to help compartmentalise things, and make them easier to study. The “last almost chicken” would have been able breed with a chicken at that time: making them the same species. There would have too have been multiple mutations, drift and isolation over time to result in separate species that can’t interbreed. It cant have been one species, an egg, then a new species - because then the thing that came from the egg would have had nothing to breed with and would die out. I think this question is like “what would happen if an unstoppable force hit an immovable object” - the question contains an error, so the answer isn’t possible.

Akbarmagnus likes this.
  10. This is an enigmatic paradox for make your Spirit work, the purpose was not to find the answer, stop to search empiristic answers, we already have self-styled "philosophers" that try to ruin the real mening of this paradox.

11. Cirilla

Cirilla Guest

Best answer. Adored this series

silex_jedi likes this.
  12. How do you know what the purpose was?

13. Find the answer and you 'll have found God.

14. silex_jedi

silex_jedi Fapstronaut

you like watchmen too that so cool !!!

i fell of my chair on this particular scene. worth the time in my opinion...

15. Cirilla

Cirilla Guest

I really do! The credits scene from the movie is probs my fav movie scene, and I absolutely loved reading the comics as a teen. But I thought the series really took the cake

silex_jedi likes this.
  16. BootstrapBill

BootstrapBill Fapstronaut

I'm just going say big bang and evolution and everything in between

17. If you say the egg, then I have one question: is the egg fertilized?

It has to be the chicken. Eggs don't hatch into chickens unless they've been fertilized by a rooster.

18. It's baffling to me that some people can have this kind of knowledge of science and still think it all just created itself by random chance.